Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to switch to a single pin slider for this fall and I've got it narrowed down to the VBG ProSlide or one of the HHA sliders. Since I often do a fair amount of cold weather hunting (e.g. -10 to -25 celsius) I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with the slider mechanism in the cold? I.e. stiff to adjust, binding, etc.

Thanks in advance and shoot 'em straight!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I'm sure that ether of these sights would work well for you. I have used the HHA-OL-5000 at below zero fahrenheit and have no problem.

·
Registered
731 Posts
HHA here too, and never had a problem.

Another thing to consider is, you normally wont be sliding the sight while hunting.

I just set mine to a certain distance and hunt like its a regular sight. The sliding is just for long range practice (50-80). I modified mine to carry another pin from the top though. You may want to look into a slider that can carry two pins, its better for hunting. You normally dont have time to adjust in the heat of the moment. HHA makes a three pin for sure, and I beleive VBG does too.

hope that helps----Matt

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies... glad to hear that the slider doesn't seem to be affected by the cold.

Matty - Good point on the multiple pin slider setup and I see that both HHA and VG both carry models like this.

Thanks again and good luck in the woods this fall!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
ttt

My HHA performed great in -10 last December. HHA makes a great product and has great customer service to back up their products. Good luck this fall!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.