Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a new bow in the spring, and am torn between a ProTec or ProElite. Both are really nice bows, but i'm not sure what fits my needs better...I want it for mostly 3D and spots, but will hunt with it too sometimes. It will be camo, or possibly Safari colored. My biggest question is does the Elite really shoot better/ more accurate? And, does the shoot thru riser get in the way at times?

Thanks!:wink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are going to be hunting with it as well I'd go with the Protec. Safari should look sharp! Don't forget to give the Ultratec a look as well. They tend to shoot a little faster with the shorter brace height but they are less forgiving than the Protec. I've looked at both as well and I'm leaning towards the Protec for now. John

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
If you haven't shot an Elite or even just drawn one back do so and you will buy one. If you go with the regular Pro Tec without trying an Elite series....don't ever touch one or you will kick yourself for not going with the Elite. So I would go with the Elite. Is it more accurate not really. But it just feels better in your hand and balances better. The first time I drew one back it felt like the best bow I have ever touched. I wanted to through my UT in the river. I will be getting an Ultra Elite to hunt with sooner or later and either a Pro or Ultra Elite for traget this year.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
protec

my friend has a pro elite and he hates it for hunting ...trying to put a arrow on in a rush ,,,wow he get mad at it he had a unta tec and wishes he still had it

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a Hoyt biggot but the Elite series are not hunters

I am a hardcore Hoyt biggot I have 5 bows and they are all Hoyts. Having said that I goota tell ya that to take an Elite series bow in woods hunting is just asking for frustration. The Elite series bows are great for 3D and spots but in my opinion they are not hunters, as one person sadi just try to knock an arrow fast and you'll see what I mean. Granted my Ultr Elite is the finest shooting bow I have ever had but I still hunt with a Trykon or a Trykon XL. If you get an Elite series bow keep it for competition that is thier sweet spot. Just some thoughts from a Hoyt lover. And before all of the other brands of bow lovers flame me down to the ground let me say that I am not and will not slam any other brand of bow I just happen to like Hoyt.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, now my curiosity is running wild! I will have to get to the bow shop and see if there is an elite series that I can try. I plan to keep my current MagnaTec Cam and 1/2 bow as a hunter/ back up bow as it shoots very well for me and has been dependable, So the hunting issue is not important to me. It sounds as if the Elite will be great for mt 3D/ Spot shooting 99.9% of the time....I rarely actually hunt anymore.
Will an elite accept a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I had a protec and I now have a Pro elite and the Elite just seems to balance a lot better. The riser doesn't get in the way. I will hunt with mine and I think for hunting it will be great, you won't ever have to worry about an arrow falling off the shelf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts