Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of walking/hiking/stalking in the places I hunt. It just seems to me that the yolk strings on these new bowtechs are extremely vulnerable to getting caught in sagebrush, buck brush, and even tree limbs, scratching/ rubbing the hell out of those yolk strings the way they stick way out there. Anybody else have this concern? Thought about maybe putting small straws or some type of loose fitting shrink tubing over them for a little extra protection. Thoughts?

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Never been an issue for me. However if you are that worried about it. You can get a Primos sling that covers the cams and Yokes. Good luck

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
You’re fine, I’ve put em through pure hell the last 8 years. Might get some fuzzing but I highly doubt you will break one or knock one off the axle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wasn’t a huge issue last year but it did catch a few limbs and got caught on brush in the thick stuff a time or two. Didn’t notice much wear or fuzziness but just got me wondering if anyone had similar issues.

9,027 Posts
Never been an issue for me. However if you are that worried about it. You can get a Primos sling that covers the cams and Yokes. Good luck
Primos x 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,521 Posts
I don't care what kind of bow it is but when I'm just walking my bow is in a Primos sling. Keeps it out of my hands and protects all of the threads (from either brush or rubbing against your gear/clothing. I would only have it out when in a tree or during an active stalk (when I'm so slow and careful anyway that brush etc. would not be a concern).

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
I'll keep that in mind when my realm x shows. I need to start using my primos more often.
Great tool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts