Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just entered the sport of archery and I caught the bug. Shooting and hunting is all I want to do and think of. I have been reading all the advice i can to make me a better archer and hunter. One technic I have been doing is I started shooting 30 yards ( was very scary for me at first, did not know where the arrow would end up). To my surprise it was close to bullseye. I keep shooting 30 yards and then I step up back to 20 yards and WOW, I can put the arrow wherever I want to. Before my 20 yard shots were close but now I can hit a quarter (beginers luck). Now I will step back to 40 yards and try to tighting my 30 yards shots. I read this process on this forum somewhere and it worked for me. Thank all of you who help make years of trial and error get corrected quicker.

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
I just entered the sport of archery and I caught the bug. Shooting and hunting is all I want to do and think of. I have been reading all the advice i can to make me a better archer and hunter. One technic I have been doing is I started shooting 30 yards ( was very scary for me at first, did not know where the arrow would end up). To my surprise it was close to bullseye. I keep shooting 30 yards and then I step up back to 20 yards and WOW, I can put the arrow wherever I want to. Before my 20 yard shots were close but now I can hit a quarter (beginers luck). Now I will step back to 40 yards and try to tighting my 30 yards shots. I read this process on this forum somewhere and it worked for me. Thank all of you who help make years of trial and error get corrected quicker.
Welcome to AT - a little more info in your profile will definitely help others help you. You might be surprised just how close other archers live to you.

Good luck and practice, practice, practice. :tongue:

·
Time is ticking away
2,222 Posts
Welcome to AT. I had the same feeling when I took up the sport several weeks ago. The only experience I had was with a 20 year old bow with no equipment on it. If I could hit a bale of hay at 10 yards, I felt good. The new equip on bows now make accuracy great. It's more fun than I ever thought.:):). Keep on shooting and have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts