Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the recommended bow press to use when pressing the new Extreme VFT? The Hercules press is just not the right fit but I made it work. Ken

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Most presses will work, I know that the apple pro model will. I think you'll find in the paperwork that Bowtech says to back out the limb bolts several turns before using a press. I agree it's a pain to deal with but I haven't been too frustrated. I do find myself making press adjustments two or three times to get it right before fully pressing the bow. Make sure you stay out on the ends of the riser when pressing. I watched a guy bend a bowtech riser cause the pressure points on the press were too close to the grip and sight window.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I have the Bowmaster portable press, and just bought an MTM bow center. This combination was $55 and works great with my Bowtech and is extremely useful.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bow tec Pro Shop Guys??

Are there any of the Bow Tec Pro Shop guys on here with the best answer as to proper fit? I can make anything "work" but it is better to have the "right" tool for the job. Ken

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
hoyt_pro said:
Most presses will work, I know that the apple pro model will. I think you'll find in the paperwork that Bowtech says to back out the limb bolts several turns before using a press. I agree it's a pain to deal with but I haven't been too frustrated. I do find myself making press adjustments two or three times to get it right before fully pressing the bow. Make sure you stay out on the ends of the riser when pressing. I watched a guy bend a bowtech riser cause the pressure points on the press were too close to the grip and sight window.

Good luck.

Just a heads up. BowTech DOES NOT recommend the limb bolts be turned out several turns before pressing. As stated in the owners manuals, 2 1/2 turns off the limb bolts at any given time is all that's ever recommended.

Apple Pro Comp Presses work great on the parallel limb bows and as already stated, keep the riser rollers near the end of the riser near the limb pockets but not on the limb pockets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts