Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to build a set of PS23's to use for 3D and spots this winter. I've heard that there are issues with variation in weight with the inserts and points. Anyone care to comment??

Also, tell me what you're running as far as components. FWIW I'm shooting 52 #'s at 28" out of a Halon X currently but there is a TRX38 in my future.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I've had no issues with mine. I'm shooting PS23 500s, 26" carbon to carbon with their Nockbuster 100gr points, anodized blue bushings, clear M nocks and Flex Fletch SK200 vanes. All of my arrows weigh 325 grains.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
PS23's 350 @ 26 C to C 100 grain points, x vanes shield cut 2.25. I have mine in the 1 or 2 grain variable using only black eagle components. Your more likely to get a weight difference using to much glue. Use a grain scale sort out what you are building and it will save you time down the road. I will not pay 50 dollars for 12 points that bend, dent, and get lost gain.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I am using the blue nock bushings but I will say that the silver do seem to have a better fit. The blue are extremely tight when using a gold tip nock.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I suggest using the nock crusher points and nock bushing to get you to your favorite .246 nock so you can buy the adder weights that thread in the back of the points. Just pull your nock, add weights using a long allen wrench and adjust to match what performance you want.. FYI, use blue Loctite to keep the adder weight(s) from vibrating loose.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggest using the nock crusher points and nock bushing to get you to your favorite .246 nock so you can buy the adder weights that thread in the back of the points. Just pull your nock, add weights using a long allen wrench and adjust to match what performance you want.. FYI, use blue Loctite to keep the adder weight(s) from vibrating loose.
I was thinking about using pin nocks but this has me thinking otherwise. Educate me on the nock bushing train of thought. So long as I use the BE bushings and nocks there shouldn't be an issue but if I had my "druthers" I'd like to try Easton 3D Supernocks. Would they be compatible?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
if you use what they call the standard nock bushing you can use any standard (.246) nock and pull the nock if you want to add or subtract weight in the back of the nock buster points. Not sure if you bought the G nock adapter the weights will fit in the opening. Not familiar with the nocks you mention, but it looks like they are .246

1 - 7 of 7 Posts