Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
:eek:)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!.........your kidding!!!!......tboss49 went and came in second (1118/1120) in the Mens Unl AA class and i guess 2 people tied for first (1120/1120) ....other than that thats all i know.....and the only thing one can do is wait till they send out their year book and wait to see the results in the year book!....that's what i was told about this years past indoor and outdoor state shoots...

Pat Sinal

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

The way the PSAA handles their scores. I shoot the PSAA and it's alot of fun to meet up everybody....but when i've talked to PSAA officials via e-mail i got the impression that it wasn't all that important to get scores posted in a timely manner.

Pat Sinal

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally agree. They are not concerned that people still have a long drive home, and do not have the time to wait three hrs. to find out how they did. I also did not like how when you turned in your score card you had to write down your own score. Whats next hanging our own targets? I also do not like the way they treat the youth shooters. I think every youth who shoots should get a medal. I mean those things are so cheap. I realize the numbers were up this year at all the shoots, but the numbers are still way down from 8 - 10 yrs. ago. I feel they will continue to decline unless the young people are attracted to the sport. They said the outdoor shoots were up around 20 people each. I know half of those new people came with us this year. We had probally at least 10 new shooters with us at every shoot this year, and most of them were under 17.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
PSAA tournament results

I will try to do something about posting the PSAA shoot scores on a site in 2006, even if it is mine.
By the archers writing their scores on the the card, the officals knew when the last score card was turned in, it saved a lot of time and speeded up the compling of the final results. The awards were handed out in less than an hour after all scores were in.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Psaa

hoytXcutter
It seems that a metal is more important to you than just enjoying the sport of archery.
How about sending me some of those $.50 medals!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like the idea of writing your score down on the board... it does help to speed things up.

I also think if the PSAA can afford it, to computerize the scoring system and plug in the scores.

In defence.... the PSAA still does things faster than the NFAA when it comes to results at the shoot. As for the mailing of the results... just be patient... there have been some changes with the PSAA's officers.... things will be back to normal soon enough.

As for the medal.... I have two PSAA state championship medalls and several silvers and bronze.... I don't care how "cheap" they are... I worked my a-- off for them.... the memories are there and that's something that can't be shown by a medal! :D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
PSAA / medals

HOYTXCUTTER:
What do you think the state should give ? The medals only represent the first three places and it is only a fortunate few that win those.
I have a couple of state championship medals, some silver and Bronze state medals as well as state regional medals. I worked my a** off to earn those medals and am proud of them!
As far back as I can remember, the medals have not changed. They represent hard work by all that earned them and should you not like them, do not take it.
A few years ago, the State started giving the first place winners, the medal, a shoulder patch and a certificate that can be laminated onto a plaque.
The PSAA BOARD meets at Shawnee archers in Lewistown on October 30th, at 9AM.
Instead of complaining, attend! You can speak your piece, you just cannot vote unless you are a BOARD member.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I believe a laminated certificate along with a medal that can not be so easily lost should be given to the top 3 in each class. No one ever said anything about anyone not working hard to win their medals. My son has worked as hard as anyone has. I have belong to the PSAA for only this past year and while at the state indoors I heard many people complaining about the awards. It just seems such a small award for such a great accomplishment. That is just my opinion. As far as attending the meeting and not being able to vote that will not happen. As I said in an earlier post this was my first and last year in the PSAA.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

Sorry to hear that Hoytxcutter, but i have to agree with tboss....eventhough i think that the PSAA needs a quicker way of getting results out to it's members....the GREATEST Trophies are the memories taken home with us!...

How many quarters did you win?...HEHEHE

How many drinks did i have that one night, and the other night, how about the other time i was drinking and was attempting to go sky diving??......remember the time mecrowe had to drive me and my car back to our hotel?...HAHAHA!!!!

The biofreeze on the way to the indoor nationals with tboss and mrs. T.Boss.

taking the time to get to konw GOOD people, FUN people, and GENUINE people!

getting to konw my frineds!

setting goals for the future and enjoying the journy to obtain them!

our team went to 2 events both indoor and outdoor states and came up just short of placing each time! 4th and 3rd......BUT we had fun! and we'll be back.....

if we are registered as a team next year it's not to win meadles, or see who has the most dust collectors.....we would all go if we didn't even register as a team just because of the people we konw and the fun we have! Yes it is all our goals to shoot our averages and hope they are good enough to put us on the podium!....but at the same time the road we are traveling together is the best gift i can put on my mantle any day and be pround of it!

Pat

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Psaa

HOYTXCUTTER
Who remembers a second or third place finisher, other than maybe the winner and the ones who finished second and third ? They still made a good effort, but the end result was short of their goal. I have many second and third place finishes, with fond memories, but short of my goal.
I have no admiration for either poor sportsmen or quitters!
Should you think that you have a beef, instead of quitting, do something about it and get involved.
Talk to your Regional Board members, come to the meeting. As I said, you do not have a vote, ( only Board members can vote and the alternate board member only can vote if one of the 2 Regional board members is absent), but you would be heard.
We struggle each year, trying to keep both the membership and tournament fees as low as possible. Weather you know it or not, it is hard to cover the costs.
The Officers and Board members are volunteers, not paid and although we do get our motel rooms paid for at times, we also put a lot of "out of pocket" money into our positions in the PSAA, as with other volunteer organizations, with little or no thanks from the membership, but a lot of bit**ing.

Amen to your reply PAT!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

Thanks Broken Arrow....but kinda in defense of Hoytxcutter now......trying to keep kids in this sport now is a big thing!....does a little meadle keep them comming back or how about a trophy?....think like a kid for a secodn real quick......something big shiny and heavy to put up on a dresser or mantle to show off to all your freinds when they come over and what you did!....hummmm......heck i think that would get any kids attention!....soemthing to think about for the kids!...as for teh adults if tehy want fame and glory maybe they need to rethink about their "PRIDE"...i have yet to take a first at any state or national level BUT...with the few little things i have placed in it got me excited for a whole 2 min.!...i like the chase i guess....

Pat

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Psaa

Pat
At one time we used to give all the kids under a certain age a medal, but we were criticized for doing that, so we stopped.
Yes, trophies or would be nice, (if you like dust collectors), but they would increase the tournament fee and we hear enough complaints about that now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pat_from_PA said:
the GREATEST Trophies are the memories taken home with us!...

How many quarters did you win?...HEHEHE

The biofreeze on the way to the indoor nationals with tboss and mrs. T.Boss.

taking the time to get to konw GOOD people, FUN people, and GENUINE people!

getting to konw my frineds!

setting goals for the future and enjoying the journy to obtain them!

our team went to 2 events both indoor and outdoor states and came up just short of placing each time! 4th and 3rd......BUT we had fun! and we'll be back.....

So well said Pat.... #7 all the way.

:D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Psaa

My web sites have all been updated.
The http://home.earthlink.net/~baswb/archery/ (from your computers address bar), now has all the shoots listed in the PSAA yearbook, as well as others on that web site and a new page.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

Broken arrow...maybe you didn't et the jist of my last post....it was all in reference to the kids!...trying to boost thier confidence....i could careless about a trophy for me!....but yes if we are going to keep the kids involved and intrested it would be nice to see the kids get a trophy or so!...no biggie JMO!

Pat

·
Registered
739 Posts
broken arrow123

One thing that might help the turn out at indoor states would be to not let buddies shoot together. It is not good when you have people who have shot together all winter score one anothers shots. I believe that this practice hurts the integrity of the state shoot. To much pencil pushing. Just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.