Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got my 2nd Axe 6 and they shoot great. Im getting a low tear with both of them. Nok point is set a little high. Ive tried both level ,low nok and high nok and i get the same tear. I can use a prong rest and set the tension heavy and get a good tear. Drop aways are always low nok tear. I set a Hoyt Katera up yesterday with a trophy taker and first shot was bullet hole. Help

·
Registered
748 Posts
make sure your timing marks are the same on the cable,Sounds to me like your bottom cam is ahead of your top cam a little bit,check the draw stops at full draw.:darkbeer:

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
Ive got my 2nd Axe 6 and they shoot great. Im getting a low tear with both of them. Nok point is set a little high. Ive tried both level ,low nok and high nok and i get the same tear. I can use a prong rest and set the tension heavy and get a good tear. Drop aways are always low nok tear. I set a Hoyt Katera up yesterday with a trophy taker and first shot was bullet hole. Help
Maybe you nock height is set too high.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Timing

Draw stops hit at exactly the same time. Ive tried setting arrow level , high and low with same results

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
The low tear is very common with the Axe 6 & 7. Especially with dropaway rests. However, it does not seem to effect the shootability or accuracy.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
what drop away are you using? most common problem is improper timing of the drop away. if you draw the bow back and go to letup slowly you want to set the drop away so that it is clear and out of the way about 1.5-2" after you begin letting up. start there and fine tune until you get good tears.

later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
low tear

I even took it to pse in Tucson and he suggested i put a whiskerbiscuit on it. He(pse tech) had to set the cams out of time(top hitting first ) to get a small low tear. The bow shoots great though. Im just gonna shoot it and enjoy

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
I even took it to pse in Tucson and he suggested i put a whiskerbiscuit on it. He(pse tech) had to set the cams out of time(top hitting first ) to get a small low tear. The bow shoots great though. Im just gonna shoot it and enjoy
Alot of guys are setting the top cam ahead, but the wall feels to mushy this way. Just set the nock point level and shoot the heck out of it. They are a great shooter and paper tuning isn't the only way to tune a bow.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Axe 6

Yes the bow groups extremly well. Easy to aim this bow. I put my 10in 14oz posten stablizer on front and on the bottom on rear of rizer there is a threaded hole and there i put a 6oz doinker weight with the rubber absober. Shoots great

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
still curious what drop away you are shooting

also who is working in the shop out there now adays?

later
jkeiffer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts