Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a Baby G and is having problems since he installed new strings. I think it may be cam timing but I have not seen the bow yet. I am just trying to get a head start since I am not familiar with this bow. Should this bow cams roll over together? If anyone familiar with this bow some tips to look for would help.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
they made the baby g with a max cam and a single,the max cam is hatchet style and definately needs to be in ime,i would start there and maybe contact pse for exact specs.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He told me it is a dual cam ,would that be the hatchet cam? He does not know that much so excuse me for not knowing until I see it.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
That's one sweet bow, the mini-me version of a legend - the G-Force!

If it's a dual cam, it's definitely the hatchet cams like this?:

Timing should be tuned to roll over just like any 2-cam systems by twisting the cabels, but before that, he should get the correct string AND cabels length spec from PSE and ensure they are the correct length.

Does your friend have access to a bow press? If yes, then tell him to be careful about how it should be pressed and worked on. Some of these bows/limbs have been around a loooong time! Better yet, ask a pro shop or experienced person to assist with the pressing/tuning.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Christopher Lee I will press it for him. I just spoke to him and he says that he had the string changed and not the cables. But it does sound like a timing issue. I guess I will see. Having never shot one I could not remember much about them. The last PSE I worked on was my Carrera.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Christopher Lee said:
That's one sweet bow, the mini-me version of a legend - the G-Force!

If it's a dual cam, it's definitely the hatchet cams like this?:

Timing should be tuned to roll over just like any 2-cam systems by twisting the cabels, but before that, he should get the correct string AND cabels length spec from PSE and ensure they are the correct length.

Does your friend have access to a bow press? If yes, then tell him to be careful about how it should be pressed and worked on. Some of these bows/limbs have been around a loooong time! Better yet, ask a pro shop or experienced person to assist with the pressing/tuning.

The G-Force is a PSE Legend. a very very fast bow. have to watch and make sure the string is the right length first. then of course the hatchet cams are a headache, but shouldnt have much to worry bout after that.

let me know if i can help :wink:

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
My Pleasure D12!

I still have my G-Force (my first set of wheels. Heck, even my wife knows this bow while she can't tell the difference between my oither bows!), and since the limbs cracked not too long ago, PSE not only gave me brand new limbs, but brought the bow back to factory specs!!! Examplarary after-sales service for a bow that's over 20 years old!

Back to your friend's Baby, the best thing to do is to get the string AND cabels back to spec lengths before doing anything else. Then start working on the timing. While you're at it, might as well closely inspect all parts to make sure they're A-OK. These bows have been around quite a bit.

All the best Duke!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Brace height is not really a problem if your form is ok.

I used to shoot 4" 3 arrow groups from my G-Force at 90 metres (once only) and avarages of 55 outta 60 at 70 metres. :D

Both are demanding bows, like thoroughbred, highly strung racing machines, but they are sweet once you know how to harness them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts