Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
I just saw that bow in the latest Cabela's catalog. Looks really nice, I first thought it was a Samic Volcano, but it specs 60" AMO instead of 58" AMO. I would really like to see and shoot one in person. Looks like a very nice bow for $200.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I have one [email protected] shoots very well.It has a big ole PSE sticker on the inside of a limb that I don't care for.It has a nice natural finsh to it.I would buy it again in a heart beat.Good bow for the price.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Its under the clear coat so it wouldn't be an easy fix, I like it on mine, kinda cool looking, I have a 40#er and it is a sweet shooter, Can't go wrong especially for the money

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The price is great, but I don't want to sacrifice quality. I understand that you cant expect the very best for $200, but if I get a much better quality bow for $150 more or so, it'd be worth it. Any perspective on that? The other bow I'm considering is the Bear Grizzly ($329). Thanks! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
The Bear Grizzly is a very nice bow and made in the USA. For the money Samick has some really nice bows. The Stingray for $219 and the Volcano for $239, get very good reviews. I'm considering one myself, probably the Stingray. Lancaster Archery has both.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Don't let the 200.00 dollar price scare you into thinking this is not a quality bow. The PSE Black Hawk bow is far better than you would think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't let the 200.00 dollar price scare you into thinking this is not a quality bow. The PSE Black Hawk bow is far better than you would think.
It does look like a nice bow, and I'll look forward to trying it out...just didn't wanna go too cheap and not get a good product ya know? (especially without the reviews available to help in the decision process)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
you might check out the martin mamba its pretty nice for arround 450-500 i know thats quite a bit more than 200 but it is a real nice bow but on the other hand you cannot beat the price on the blackhawk

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have shot both Grizzlies and the Blackhawk extensively. In my opinion, the Blackhawk has less handshock than the Grizzly. I also feels a little faster. I've shot all kinds of production/custom bows and am extremely impressed with the Blackhawk. It will be going to hunting this fall.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Great thread guys. Keep the reviews for the PSE Blackhawk coming. For the money I dont think you could go wrong buying one. I was looking at a $130 Samick Sage but this PSE has got me thinking otherwise for my first venture in traditional archery.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Chad, if you come to the traditional shoot at Cloverdale in June, you can try mine out, as well every other bow there.

Great I appreciate that! Unfortunaltly I have going to be on vacation June 9-15. I do appreciated the offer. I take it that you like your PSE Blackhawk. Thanks again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The one that blue thunder is shooting now used to be mine. The only reason I sold it is because I switched to lefty. It's a great bow for the $$$, actually I think it's just a great bow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts