Archery Talk Forum banner

PSE Bow Madness draw and valley ????????

1784 Views 22 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  stanfill77
Does anybody know how smooth the draw cycle and how deep (or short) the valley is? Looks like it will get some good speed and I hope it doesn't come from a super short valley like I believe the X-Forces are. Anybody know anything? Thanks!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Pse

I haven't shot the Bow Madness bows yet, but I did shoot the new X-Force SS bow today (only one they had). Still not the bow I really want to try (Dream Season), but it has the same cams. I was also told by the pro shop employees that the feel of the SS bow was pretty much the same as the other X-Forces (they have shot all of them).

Anyway, the feel of the new bows is much improved over last years models IMO. They actually have a valley this year, draw length felt good, and letoff felt better. So if you are thinking of the Bow Madness, you might give the new X-Forces a try this year. I did ask the shop owners how the Bow Madness felt. They said it probably is a smoother bow than the X-Forces, but I guess that is to be expected. I typically prefer the feel of single cams, and that Bow Madness will probably be a hard one to pass up especially for the price. But I think if the new Dream Season or GX feels anything like the SS I shot today, it would be awefully hard to pass on the extra speed. I may have to sell both of my current bows and pick up a Dream Season for primary and a Bow Madness for a backup.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Its really funny..

I was thinking along similar lines to 'Out West'. Its so hard to choose these days. The bow madness is package looks ideal for someome who fancys an alrounder. I am looking forward to its arrival.

Spatan:cocktail:

· Registered
4,122 Posts

· Registered
8,256 Posts
One of these will be my bow for 09. Leaning towards the Bow Madness XL, but wouldn't mind shooting the other 2 just to make sure. Either way those prices are awesome for a bow that's of that quality and high performance. PSE is gonna kick some serious butt in 09.

· Registered
8,786 Posts
to my knowledge its mainly just been the regional reps and above that have shot the new bows. unless you have been to the factory!! hopefully soon!!

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
price

I just thought I would try it and see how things go, it is more money but it does have americas best strings and who knows maybe I will buy one of each. I have a weekness for bows so we will see what happens. By the way the new x-force that I shot the other day was really quiet and shock free, going to be hard to beat the look, feel and speed of the new pse bows

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Pse

Hey Beav, how did the draw feel on the GX? I shot the new SS. I liked the new valley and letoff, but it had kind of an abrupt drop into the valley. I was just wondering if the GX and Dream Season had the same feel. The SS also sounded like it had a metallic thump on the shot, but then again so did the new Bowtechs I shot as well. Maybe my ears have become more critical, but I've noticed less sound on my current bows. Maybe the added weight of my current rigs make them sound more quiet. Anyway, I was curious if that GX sounded the same as the SS.

· OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,589 Posts
Valley

I think that it does have a bump at the end of the draw cycle and, all I can say is you have to give some to win some. The bump in my opinion is what is giving you that valley or higher let-off, take the bump away and you have the 65% let-off and the added let-off helps hold the bow a little better at full draw if you ask me. People say that you can shoot backtension better with the 65% let-off but to me I really dont think it makes that much of a difference 80 or 65. I think the new bows needed the new camo and the 80% let-off will be a nice bonus while in the field hunting. By the way the stings and camo look great in person.

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Pse

I talked to my local shop and they said they have both a 60 lb GX and Dream Season in stock. I plan on trying them out tomorrow. I'm already saving up for one if I really like them. I want to try the Bow Madness as well. Can't wait.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.