Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't shot PSE for about ten years. Looking for a new hunting bow like the A-A and the Brace height on this bow. I’m no speed freak accuracy is what I'm looking for. Like to hear from the guys who have one.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
you will like the bow, simple straight forward hunting and shooting bow, i place it with the like of the bengal and cheetah from martin... i have my own shop and carry some pretty nice bows, my son has shot many different bows and he like the brute...... a lot

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
Its a great dependable bow. Its smooth and forgiving for me. I had the 08 model which i believe is heavier than the new model. I destroyed mine when i fell on some shale rock this past April. Its not the fastest bow or the slowest out on the market. But it was smooth for me and i was nailing deer and turkeys pass 50 yards with it. I wish i still had mine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
sweet

i owned a 08 model too and sold it to my brotherinlaw. it is a sweet unit and i love shootin it. it has killed 4 deer and tons of fur dogs. not to mention 2 robin hoods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
bought one a couple of months ago. smooth,rock steady,very forgiving brace height,accurate,moderately fast,you cant go wrong for the money....

·
Administrator
15,624 Posts
I shot it and didn't like it all that much. I worried all the little rubber bits would be hard to find once they wore out. To be honest I liked the Bow Madness XS better.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
great little bow and for the money you cannot go wrong. the 08 model has a special place in my heart, but I prefer the grip on the 09 and 10 model. thanks for the comments on the 08:wink:

solid performing bow though with very easy adjustments made to draw length and good speed for the given brace height.

later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
91 Posts
I acquired an 09 Brute in Jan, and have shot Gold Tip hunter expedition 5575's, and also the Easton FMJ 400's aswell. I'm trying to find the best arrow for speed and kinetic energy. The FMJ's are very hard hitting while the Gold Tip's are good too, but more distinctions with the FMJs. I want accuracy and speed. What are your thoughts?

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
I shoot Victory VForce 350 arrows with my old Brute. :darkbeer: Pass through at 50 yards and then some. I've never had a problem with Victory arrows.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My brother has an 09 Brute, and he loves it. At 70 lbs and a 29" draw, it shoots a 370 gr arrow 283 fps.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Well if your goin to buy a bow like this and a pse I wouldn't buy a brute I would buy a bow maddness I would look for a used mathews on here

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
????

Well if your goin to buy a bow like this and a pse I wouldn't buy a brute I would buy a bow maddness I would look for a used mathews on here
Any special reason.
I would not hesitate to shoot a Brute LT at all......for a guy buying a pure hunting rig it is a bang up bow, for a reasonable price.....you will need to replace the string/cable a little sooner because they are not top notch....but for another 60 bucks from a lot of guys on here.....you would have a heck of a hunting rig, that you would have no NEED to replace any time soon.
My buddy is shooting his at 28.5" 63 pounds with a 400 Easton Excel at about 260 fps.......I would have killed for that 10 years ago. It drives tacks , too.
I cannot think of a BETTER bow in its price range...a few as good , but none better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I shoot Victory VForce 350 arrows with my old Brute. :darkbeer: Pass through at 50 yards and then some. I've never had a problem with Victory arrows.

I've been debating on acquiring some Victory V1's and using them with my Brute until my Strothers SR-71 comes in. What's your take ? Are the V1's worth the price ?

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
I've been debating on acquiring some Victory V1's and using them with my Brute until my Strothers SR-71 comes in. What's your take ? Are the V1's worth the price ?
Yes. They are great arrows. When I took that Muley at 50 yards it was with the all Pink V3 arrow shafts. So if Money might be an issue, You can go with the V3 Vforce shafts. As long as you properly tune and balance them and have a good Broadhead. You will be good to go. I've never had an issue with the Victory Vforce shafts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes. They are great arrows. When I took that Muley at 50 yards it was with the all Pink V3 arrow shafts. So if Money might be an issue, You can go with the V3 Vforce shafts. As long as you properly tune and balance them and have a good Broadhead. You will be good to go. I've never had an issue with the Victory Vforce shafts.
Thankx. I just got a custom string put on it, and lookin to get victory's here shortly. Now, I"ve been told that I should just use my FMJ's as hunting arrows period, abd that they are overkill for 3-D, etc.. Basically too much for target, field, etc. I appreciate it either way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts