Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PSE DNA and the module came loose on the top cam while shooting. The pin dropped out and ended my shooting session. I need to know what size this pin is? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I always check the bow and all fasteners before shooting and everything was good before. I had the same issue with my Stinger 3g once but I caught the issue before the pin dropped. I was considering swapping to a tension style pin to maybe solve this problem. Has anyone done this with success?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to use a steel tension pin. The loctite seems like a decent idea but I lost the pin and am pissed at this point and looking for a permanent solution. Tension pin seems like a better way to ensure it wont happen again. I doubt its gonna fall out now. I dunno why PSE wouldnt make the pin a press fit on the module side. Seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
51,115 Posts
I guess I'm lost here what pin are you talking about???? There is no pin associated with the module, it's held in with screws. There is a built in pin on the module that slips in the groove and if that is gone then the module is broke and needs replacement under warranty..

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Are you talking about the draw stop? All of the massively preloaded limb bows have issues with vibrating mod and draw stop screws loose. Bow Tech and PSE are famous for it. The light blue LocTite is a good answer, but I still check before and during shoots.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts