Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the draw be shortened anymore on this bow by twisting the string or something along those lines. The bow was advertised as having a 24" draw but seems a little longer than 24". I need to reduce the length about another half inch or so. Is this possible?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should go down to 24" but its closer to 25" on the shortest setting

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
yes you can put on a shorter string.
You may want to check the specifications and see how far out it is.
check Brace Height and ATA.
And cam rotation

I'm assuming it is a used bow. in which case the former owner may have stuck a longer string on it to squeeze another inch out of it.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes you can put on a shorter string.
You may want to check the specifications and see how far out it is.
check Brace Height and ATA.
And cam rotation

I'm assuming it is a used bow. in which case the former owner may have stuck a longer string on it to squeeze another inch out of it.
Bought the bow brand new, i havent heard many good things about these stock strings on the mid level PSE bows.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My girlfriend has that bow. The strings aren't that good.
yea, same here. Trying to shorten it up a little bit so it will fit her better. Shes tourqing the bow way left now and I think it is because the draw is almost an inch too long for her.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
their sre 2 mods for that bow . i have one one mod for longer setting and one for shorter settings and you can make some post changes

·
Wait......what?
4,899 Posts
their sre 2 mods for that bow . i have one one mod for longer setting and one for shorter settings and you can make some post changes
Yup. Hes right. There is another mod in the bag. It is to go under 25in draw.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The shorter mod is already installed, its still almost 25". Just tryin to figure out how I can shorten it without throwing the cam timing outa whack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts