Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, it's looking really nice. I was aiming for a 60 lb bow and hit 57.5 lbs max with 24 Deflection limbs. Once I put the limb shims in, It'll be 60 lbs. I'm loving the way the draw cycle feels.

String: 64 7/8"
Buss: 37 1/16"
Control: 39 3/4"

I have not been able to get my hands on lower deflection limbs, so I made the string and cables 3/4" longer than I would have with lighter limbs. I thought it might be too heavy for me with enough bend in the limbs to make 35" A/A.

If you think GX cams can't work on a center-pull bow, you haven't read my post where I put GX cams on my DNA. That bow was a breeze to tune. You can read that post here:

Specs:

mass weight: 4 lbs 5/8 oz

A/A = 35 3/4"

BH = 6 3/8"

The draw length is about 27.5" with the #6 modules. I'll measure it later.

DSC03219.jpg

DSC03226.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

·
Registered
12,486 Posts
So far, it's looking really nice. I was aiming for a 60 lb bow and hit 57.5 lbs max with 24 Deflection limbs. Once I put the limb shims in, It'll be 60 lbs. I'm loving the way the draw cycle feels.

I have not been able to get my hands on lower deflection limbs, so I made the string and cables 3/4" longer than I would have with lighter limbs. I thought it might be too heavy for me with enough bend in the limbs to make 35" A/A.

If you think GX cams can't work on a center-pull bow, you haven't read my post where I put GX cams on my DNA. That bow was a breeze to tune. You can read that post here:

Specs:

A/A = 35 3/4"

BH = 6 3/8"

View attachment 7172147

View attachment 7172149

View attachment 7172151

Specs:

A/A = 35 3/4"

BH = 6 3/8"

View attachment 7172147

View attachment 7172149

View attachment 7172151
Man..I'm really diggin it!! Nice job, I like the longer ata. After I saw your pse gen-x build it got me thinkin about trying something similar on an original monster or xlr8.

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*Correction: The Brace Height measures 6.25" with the limb bolts bottomed
My previous stated BH measurement was with the limb bolts backed out several turns.

Here is the string information:

PSE DECREE 35 GX (3.25” added to GX lengths)
(Calculated for a 35.75” A/A length)
String: 64 7/8... (0 – 20.75)---(26 5/8 – 28 1/4)----(30 7/16 – 34 5/8)---(20.75 - 0)
2 nocks @ 17 3/8 4 nocks @ 18 3/4 2 nocks @ 20 1/8

Buss: 37 1/16... >(8.25 - 10.25)----(7.5 - 0)

Control: 39 3/4... (0 - 10)-------(4 - 0)

Cables: 24 strands 452X
String: 22 strands 452X

For anyone wanting to maintain the 35" A/A, you would simply subtract 3/4" from the above string and cable lengths. You would have to change the center serving and string stop serving location. For Frankenbows, I always leave those servings for last and install the string and cables on the bow, then mark the best location for the CS and SS servings.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I installed my 3/32" limb spacers and it now maxes at 61 lbs. The brace height is now 6-1/4" and the A/A is 35-13/16". This shorter BH should allow me to machine some of the thickness from the draw stop to give me an even better let-off and valley and still not go over my draw length. Not that it feels bad now, it just has a fairly short valley.

I love how these GX cams draw! I can ease it against the stops with ease, even when drawing slowly. I struggle to ease my FT cam bows and UF cam bows to full let-off without the sudden dump making it much harder to ease into the draw stop, especially with the UF cams. When shooting at paper, it doesn't matter, but when I'm hunting, I don't care for the sudden dump. I killed lots of game with my EVO 7 UF, but the GX cams feel like they were made for hunters in mind. I believe the DNA GX and this Decree GX-35 are going to be hunting machines!

It looks like I may have to start calling this Decree, the Decree GXXL. It's a lot closer to 36" than 35. It definitely looks different with the short brace height on such a long A/A bow. Depending on how the draw length measures out on the draw board, I might make a shorter set of strings for it, aiming for 35.5" A/A and a little longer BH. But I'll wait til I machine down my draw stop before I do that.

I had all intentions of putting MF (Mega fast) cams on this bow, but not being able to acquire a set of #20 deflection limbs made me decide to try the GX cams instead. I'm kinda glad it turned out that way. I'll update when I get around to tuning it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts