Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm certain that they will make single-cam bows under their "Archery Research" brand, but I'm not sure about anything else beyond that.

kgk

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I'm not in "the know", but I seriously doubt that what you heard is true regarding no solo cams by PSE. Market still wants solo cams and over 1/2 of PSE's current product line consists of single cam options or outright single cam only bows. Doesn't make good business sense to suddenly drop them when they are still in obviously high demand and I've yet to hear anyone say that Pete doesn't practice good business saavy. In fact, I'd almost fear the exact opposite would occur first - dropping all, or nearly all, dual cams in favor of the solos since the demand is still so great by bowhunters for solo cam bows.

Then again, unless you hear something directly from a PSE employee even what I say is just an unsubstantiated rumor, lol :D! PSE stays very tight-lipped on what they will be coming out with for the upcoming year. Just have to wait until October 1 when they unveil their new line-up. Personally I'm hoping it still includes some 2-cam models, that's how much of a chance I think they will be dropping the solos for now, lol! :)

>>--------->

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put a question on the PSE forums with a link back to this post.

I personnally can't believe it's true, but we'll see what PSE has to say...

Brian

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
CHPro;

"Market still wants solo cams and over 1/2 of PSE's current product line consists of single cam options or outright single cam only bows. Doesn't make good business sense to suddenly drop them when they are still in obviously high demand and I've yet to hear anyone say that Pete doesn't practice good business saavy. In fact, I'd almost fear the exact opposite would occur first - dropping all, or nearly all, dual cams in favor of the solos since the demand is still so great by bowhunters for solo cam bows."

I can see then dropping single cams if they save licencing costs, and thereby increase per unit margins on bows. PSE is in the low-cost end of the market for the the most part it seems, and considering they are a volume producer, margin is important. I don't think the average bowhunter really cares what they shoot - if it is 30" DL @ 70#'s, is painted with camo, has a reasonable speed (fast) and is cheap - its a sale. If PSE said that a new Cam & 1/2 system is the way to go - then I am sure all the PSE die hard shooters would switch.

-CG

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
The question that we should really pose is this...

Does the consumer drive the market or does the manufacturer?

Many would say that the consumer does, after watching what's been happening in the market place I'm more inclined to say that marketing creates a need and then the consumer drives the market towards that perceived need.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Russ;

"Many would say that the consumer does, after watching what's been happening in the market place I'm more inclined to say that marketing creates a need and then the consumer drives the market towards that perceived need."

In most cases consumers have no idea what they really want - or if they do it isn't so strong an opinon that it can't be changed by a little marketing....which is why there is this thing called sales...

;)

If all we had in archery was single cams we would all shoot single cams and argue about how much perimeter weight is best, or what sort of dual-feed idler is best...As it is, single cams, cam & 1/2, dual cams, round wheels, 4 -wheels, 6 - wheels...whatever it takes - they are all more or less workable...

;)

-CG

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Don Castrup said No way

Spoke ot PSe Rep Don Castrup He said

NFW.....
No way

Idle gossip

TINK;)

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
PSE dropping one licenced cam system for another? I doubt it.
PSE dropping one cam system for a better system they developed that no one has seen before? Possible, but I doubt that too.

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
Tink-Don's a good guy, the Rep for our shop. That reminds me, I need to do a test of some new off shore xbow PSE is marketing for him.

I don't think there is any chance of this rumour being true

1 - 12 of 12 Posts