Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not certain where else to post this.
does anyone have an email for PSE?
i just noticed cracks on the limbs of my almost 20 y o Polaris [80#],and i need to know if i can get replacements.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Something that old I really doubt that you'll be able to get replacements. Go on the PSE web site and get the phone number to Tech Support. Lots of great people there ready to help you out, give em' a call and talk with them, that way you'll have your answer. I know you probably really like the bow but at this point it time I'd say it'd be more expensive to replace the limbs then the bow would be worth. You just may want to scrap it for parts, sell em' off and put that money into something newer. Lots of great used bows on the market right now going for less then half of what they costs new. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
call PSE at 520-884-9065 and ask for warranty. most likely PSE will not be able to replace the limbs since they will not have any parts for that bow. what they will most likely do is have you send the bow in and then after examination call you back and say "we have (insert list of closeout or rebuilt bows here) that you can take your pick from" and send you back the bow of your choosing based on the available selection

later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just wonder what shipping would be from South Africa to Tucson, AZ, U.S.A. and if it'd be worth it. PSE has pretty decent customer service so if you want to call em' just to find out, who knows.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
call PSE at 520-884-9065 and ask for warranty. most likely PSE will not be able to replace the limbs since they will not have any parts for that bow. what they will most likely do is have you send the bow in and then after examination call you back and say "we have (insert list of closeout or rebuilt bows here) that you can take your pick from" and send you back the bow of your choosing based on the available selection

later
jkeiffer
only problem is from that time frame they didn't have lieftime warranty unless you bought a Mach series bow....wish you luck, might be time to consider it lived a good life and time to upgrade....

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
only problem is from that time frame they didn't have lieftime warranty unless you bought a Mach series bow....wish you luck, might be time to consider it lived a good life and time to upgrade....
ooh, good point that i didnt even think about. its still worth a call to PSE as their customer service is great. I know if you have some good hunting ground for Pete to come he might cut you a deal:wink:

again good luck and I agree that it would probably be best to upgrade,
later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
harm hunter

go ahead and PM me. Calling may be hard to do with the time changes?! Let me know poundage, what hand, cams, serial # if you have it, even draw length. I will find out for you. JB

·
Breathn
12,349 Posts
ttt

you will be surprised what they have laying around..I got limbs for a 10yr old bow a few months ago..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys for all the suggestions.
JB i appreciate the help,pm inbound.i still have the original instruction manual [somewhere] that came with my bow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Email

thanks guys for all the suggestions.
JB i appreciate the help,pm inbound.i still have the original instruction manual [somewhere] that came with my bow.
i found this email on the Internet: [email protected]

Some contact details from their site:

Precision Shooting Equipment, Inc.
2727 N. Fairview Ave.
Tucson, Arizona 85705
Phone: 520-884-9065
Fax: 520-884-1479

Hope this helps

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks B E.
i pm'd JB [PSERepNe].my bow cannot be repaired,but i'll get 50% off a new bow.great service,and on an old bow.

·
Best in the World
3,866 Posts
thanks B E.
i pm'd JB [PSERepNe].my bow cannot be repaired,but i'll get 50% off a new bow.great service,and on an old bow.
If I would of known that I would have cracked one of the limbs on my old polaris and got 50% an omen or something...and to think I sold it for $60 :darkbeer:

I don't own a PSE and don't really plan to, but Glad to hear the company is treating you well, hopefully all manufacturs take notice and keep customer service high!

·
Registered
325 Posts
50% off, that sounds like a great deal. Their least expensive bow, the Deer Hunter(basically the same as my Team Fitz) sells for around $250 so that's $125 for your old bow which is a great deal. Buy something more expensive and the savings just add up. Sounds like a great time to upgrade to another excellent PSE bow for half price. I really like the Vendetta XL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Harm Hunter, as I was reading your post, I was getting my phone with my other hand to give you name of some one in Eloff, just west of Delmas, number. He is also well connected at PSE, but I dont thonk he will be able to match this for you.

So have you decided what you are going to take, Vendette, Oman, X force? Got my Bow Madness two weeks ago, and loving it to pieces. Now just to get the idiot behind the bow to do all the right thing.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks Nico.
i have not decided on a model yet,i'm still waiting for the SA distributor to get back to me with quotes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this situation has been resolved some time back but i did not want to post until i had the bow with me,as i had a commitment to the S A PSE dealer.
PSE offered me a hell of a deal on an equivalent bow and when i asked for the Omen i was given a discount on that as well!
Customer service is off the hook!
thanks to JB [PSE rep here] who put me in touch with Jay Salo [PSE Intl sales manager],who put in touch with the local dealer [Michel Casanova].
all these guys really went out of their way to help me out.
and this is warranty on a bow that i got almost 20 years ago!
many thanks to PSE and all the guys involved.

·
I Bleed Orange
1,351 Posts
Now that's customer service at its finest, good to hear you got hooked up...

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
there is a reason why they have been in the business coming up on 40 years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts