Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to the forum, getting into bowhunting and looking at a few mid ranged bows to get started so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I done research on bows like: Embark, Drive, Torrex, and I saw that John Dudley worked with PSE to create the Embark.

Is there any major noticeable difference between the Drive and the Embark besides the NTN "Branding" or is it actually worth the buy between one and the other. My local Pro shops don't have either of the two in stock for demo'ing so no luck trying them out for feel. I'm tempted to just order the 2021 NXT Drive and be done with it..

Appreciate any advice.. Thanks!
- CraayyZ

·
Registered
PSE Drive NXT 70lbs on order
5 Posts
The Embark is just a shorter ATA drive thats more expensive. Save the money and buy a Drive. Drive would also be easier to shoot because of the longer ATA

·
Registered
Mathews Triax
367 Posts
We already have a thread on the Embark! Different Riser etc.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i got the embark buddy got drive both great bows.you can get the embark for same price as drive i did.different risers as others said.it feels like to me the embark has a hair more valley but other than that both shoot and feel same at shot to me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the embark buddy got drive both great bows.you can get the embark for same price as drive i did.different risers as others said.it feels like to me the embark has a hair more valley but other than that both shoot and feel same at shot to me
Comparing side by side helps a bit more. I'm just unsure which to go. I might just go Drive NXT over the Embark, save the extra $ for a release or a higher end sight. Unless they're the same price at my LPS, I doubt it..

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
me and my buddy ordered both from same dealer off ebay my embark 700 his drive was 600

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
me and my buddy ordered both from same dealer off ebay my embark 700 his drive was 600
Which dealer specifically? Did it come with or without warranty? I'm pretty sure MSRP is 800$ for the Embark. If I can snag it for 700$ with warranty, new I'd jump right on that. I need to start practicing for Fall.

Please let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Which dealer specifically? Did it come with or without warranty? I'm pretty sure MSRP is 800$ for the Embark. If I can snag it for 700$ with warranty, new I'd jump right on that. I need to start practicing for Fall.

Anything archery 24-7 outta wisconsin yes their a dealer and they register you're bow with pse I got a postcard from pse saying my bow was registered.type in pse embark or pse drive nxt you will find them he has bunch for sale

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anything archery 24-7 outta wisconsin yes their a dealer and they register you're bow with pse I got a postcard from pse saying my bow was registered.type in pse embark or pse drive nxt you will find them he has bunch for sale
My state literally borders Wisconsin so I guess that works out nicely! I ended up getting the LH NXT Drive.

I figured the extra 100$ could be towards accessories over Fluro green accents, the NTN branding and some not "huge" differences.

I really appreciate the help man, I wish I could like your comment 10 times over.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ended up ordering a Drive from my local dealer. I called PSE and asked them about e-bay sales. Said they wouldn’t recommend it. But I’m glad you guys had no problems.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
My state literally borders Wisconsin so I guess that works out nicely! I ended up getting the LH NXT Drive.

I figured the extra 100$ could be towards accessories over Fluro green accents, the NTN branding and some not "huge" differences.

I really appreciate the help man, I wish I could like your comment 10 times over.
no problem

·
In the begining God......
3,710 Posts

paid $700 for my embark too. I lit it together on a budget, I bought accessories off of AT, Ebay, went off brand stabilizer, bought Easton 6.5 mm Bowhunter, and Hamskea peep are the only things I paid retail for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
paid $700 for my embark too. I lit it together on a budget, I bought accessories off of AT, Ebay, went off brand stabilizer, bought Easton 6.5 mm Bowhunter, and Hamskea peep are the only things I paid retail for. View attachment 7390324
Nice looking set up! I was gonna go for the Embark, but after constant back and forth, with little information between the Drive & Embark. I came to the conclusion that the Embark was essentially the Drive with some Dudley colors, and minor differences. Regardless, I got the Drive NXT coming in!

What sight do you have on your Embark? I've been torn on the HHA Optimizer, or Trophy Ridge React H5. There was another Trophy ridge sight that looked nice, a 3 pin center line design, forgot the name of it. Then the big $ sight I'm eyeing is the Black Gold Mountain Ascent lite.

·
Registered
166 Posts
paid $700 for my embark too. I lit it together on a budget, I bought accessories off of AT, Ebay, went off brand stabilizer, bought Easton 6.5 mm Bowhunter, and Hamskea peep are the only things I paid retail for. View attachment 7390324
Nice. I see you attached the limb driven rest to the yolk splitter hole. How is that working? I’m thinking about doing the same when my bow gets in.

·
3,710 Posts
Nice. I see you attached the limb driven rest to the yolk splitter hole. How is that working? I’m thinking about doing the same when my bow gets in.
It works great.I also have a Triax and also,attached the cord to the yoke splitter. I’m not committed to any one brand. I like the specs in the Emnark. I’m equally happy with both. But do like the little longer ATA

·
3,710 Posts
Nice looking set up! I was gonna go for the Embark, but after constant back and forth, with little information between the Drive & Embark. I came to the conclusion that the Embark was essentially the Drive with some Dudley colors, and minor differences. Regardless, I got the Drive NXT coming in!

What sight do you have on your Embark? I've been torn on the HHA Optimizer, or Trophy Ridge React H5. There was another Trophy ridge sight that looked nice, a 3 pin center line design, forgot the name of it. Then the big $ sight I'm eyeing is the Black Gold Mountain Ascent lite.
that’s actually a super cheap Ttophy Ridge. Used it to get sighted. I found a MBG White tail single pin on ebay for $95. I’ve had the HHA, and they are good sights. IMO MBG is a better sight with less weight, and brighter pins.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts