I didn’t get a chance to test out a PSE bow last year, so I was very excited to get a PSE EVO XF 33 in for review this time around.

Specs on the EVO XF 33 include a 33-inch axle-to-axle length, 6 ¾” brace height, and 340 foot-per-second rated speed. This bow comes with two cam options - the E2 and S2. The S2 is what I have and it is the quickest of the bunch.

PSE outfitted the EVO XF 33 with a host of upgrades, including the new Guard-Lok system which allows the cable rod to shift left and right without affecting shot consistency. Also new are the Limb Vice limb pockets, which PSE says is 15% lighter and offer improved stability. Both of the available cam systems come with new bearings and wider draw stops. They can both be had with low let off and high let off mods. I’ve got the high let off mods on this bow.

Another new addition is the QAD Integrate rest mount. I didn’t have an extra Integrate rest hanging around, so I’m using the old-school rest mount myself.

Now it’s time for the actual review and I always like to start with draw cycle, as this is probably the most important feature to me. All of my test bows shoot similar speed and the draw cycles are all pretty comparable, but in my testing the EVO XF 33 was not among the favorites. The S2 cam is a bit stiffer than other PSE’s I’ve tested, but that was to be expected. I suspect the E2 cam would be a different story.

Once you get to full draw, the PSE is a winner. It’s an adjustable cable stop system and I have this bow set to 80% let off. You could go to 85 or even 90% let off if you like, but I really like how this shoots at 80%. I tend to prefer cable stops and the back wall here feels good to me. Not overly soft when you pull into it, but a bit more forgiving to me than limb stops.

As for accuracy, the bow shoots way better than I do. I’d probably put it right in the middle of the pack among my test bows this year, but I wouldn’t argue if you made it your #1. Plus at 33 inches long, it’s a very solid base for a 3D bow if you are looking for one bow to do it all.

After the arrow leaves the string, the EVO XF 33 has a very solid feel. There are other bows that offer a touch less vibration, but this is no slouch in that department. I could happily shoot this all day without complaining about how it feels.

Speed is a big factor for a lot of archers and this bow finished second overall in my speed test this year. I have the EVO XF 33 set up with 70 pounds of draw weight, 30 ⅛” of draw length, and shot a 350-grain Gold Tip Platinum Pierce arrow an average of 328 feet per second. I also shot a 477-grain Gold Tip AirStrike at 286 feet per second. That is about exactly where I like to be with broadheads.

Fit and finish is very solid, which I’ve come to expect from PSE. The textured riser is very grippy and is holding up extremely well. Sometimes those textured finishes start showing wear pretty quick, but my test bow is holding up extremely well.

As for price, the EVO XF 33 carries an MSRP of $1300, which is on the high side for a flagship-level aluminum riser hunting bow. But it’s a good deal less expensive than PSE’s carbon offerings.

Overall, the PSE EVO XF 33 is a fantastic all-around shooter with good speed. Head to your local PSE dealer and test one out for yourself.