Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Currently in the market for a newer bow. I've shot most all 2018 bows and i've been looking to find live feed on the PSE evolve 28. I've shot the Triax but the closest shop near me with an evolve 28 is couple hours away. Any benefits one over another? anything i should be worried about with the two?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,465 Posts
I have shot the evolve 28 and thought it was a really nice bow. Advantages over the triax are let off adjustability, draw length adjustments without buying mods. Nice bow for sure

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I shot both and own a Triax.
The 28 of course has a better draw cycle and more adjustability, the Evolve Cam System is awesome.
Triax is deader, quieter and faster and makes the 28 look and feel like a big box store $350 bow.
For me that is where it ends, Triax for me a much better bow.

·
Registered
19,354 Posts
Have to agree with 525.
My love affair with PSE begins and ends with the cams.
I held a 28 at LAS, wanted to shoot it just to see, but could not get past the toying look or feel.

·
Registered
19,064 Posts
Triax top heavy, handle boxey, 3 companies making a fortune on selling grips for them. Pass!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The triax in stone grey is one of the coolest looking bows on the market in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G965U using Archery Talk forum

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Triax top heavy, handle boxey, 3 companies making a fortune on selling grips for them. Pass!
The Triax is not top heavy at all. Halon maybe. Triax no. lol. Nice try.

·
Registered
Hoyt RX-4 Alpha. Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL QAD HDX rest. Easton Axis arrows. Camo: Realtree Edge
79 Posts
I have to agree with you that stone colored Triax is sweet looking. I saw that Evolve 28 at my shop and thought damn that is an ugly ass bow lol

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I won't say "pass" on any bow, especially Mathews. They didn't get where they are by making junk. However, from a personal standpoint I feel the same way about the Triax. I really did not like the very top heavy feel of that short bow. True, one you pull it to full draw, that balance changes, but the feel is not for me.

Too bad you probably never got to shoot the 2018 XPedition XPlorer SS. 30" ATA and 354 fps, yet draws smoothly (at least my 60#'er does) and great balance. There's a guy on AT right now selling two of these. One brand new unregistered for $575 and a slightly used one for $525. Great deals in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
There is a reason the Triax is the most popular bow of 2018. I shot one and it was awesome. It just wasn’t enough to make me part with my Halon 32. Next year maybe when Mathews releases the TriaXL.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I won't say "pass" on any bow, especially Mathews. They didn't get where they are by making junk. However, from a personal standpoint I feel the same way about the Triax. I really did not like the very top heavy feel of that short bow. True, one you pull it to full draw, that balance changes, but the feel is not for me.

Too bad you probably never got to shoot the 2018 XPedition XPlorer SS. 30" ATA and 354 fps, yet draws smoothly (at least my 60#'er does) and great balance. There's a guy on AT right now selling two of these. One brand new unregistered for $575 and a slightly used one for $525. Great deals in my opinion.
I have not shot the PSE 28... I have shot Triax. Good bow- However, I agree with this fella that the Xpedition Xplorer SS (if you are in the XS cam- draw over 28") is a better bow. Its 3.9 lbs, and I have no problem popping cantaloupe sized balloons on my rhinehart deer target at 100 yards.... And its 355 fps IBO... And it hits IBO.

I picked up a used 65lb Xplorer for $550 and I would not trade it for a brand new Triax...

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Never thought I'd see a pse/triax thread turn into an Xpedition sales pitch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
First time I've heard that! Definitely spot on about the grips though as I think that'll be my next upgrade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not enough to make me part with my current 2 bows but... I shot both and of the bows in question and hands down the triax is the best shooting bow I ever shot. Idk if it was pink it shoots like a dream.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
First time I've heard that! Definitely spot on about the grips though as I think that'll be my next upgrade.
Just pop the damn thing off for free.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have shot both and prefer the PSE. We have both of those bow at H&H Shooting sports the pro shop I go to. Personally I would not go with either due to I like the Evolve 32 a lot better. I shoot the 35 the best but if I was set on a shorter ATA it would be the 32. Advantages of the PSE Evolve 28 over the Mathews Triax are let off adjustability, draw length and adjustments without mods.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts