Archery Talk Forum banner

PSE Evolve 31 troubles

553 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  NY12020
2 weeks ago i had my #60 limbs swapped for #70 limbs. got the bow back home and realized the rest had got bumped at some point since spring and was no longer on level. took it to bow shop to get rest adjusted and paper tuned. now the bow will not tune whatsoever unless the rest is about a 1/8 inch from riser in upright position. but its so far off centershot and the fletching has got to be hitting in this position. tried different arrow combinations. at a loss at what the problem is
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· RuffLight and Bsquare
16,940 Posts
Were the limbs installed in the correct order? Each limb should have a deflection # stamped on the underside.
They should be installed with the higher numbers on the right side of riser for a right handed shooter.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were the limbs installed in the correct order? Each limb should have a deflection # stamped on the underside.
They should be installed with the higher numbers on the right side of riser for a right handed shooter.
not sure.. i wish i had the bow with me right now but i will ask. would that make that big of a difference?

· RuffLight and Bsquare
16,940 Posts
not sure.. i wish i had the bow with me right now but i will ask. would that make that big of a difference?
absolutely

There is a top and bottom order as well so here is how it goes for a right handed shooter:
It goes around clockwise starting with top right

Top right = highest #
Bottom right = next highest
bottom left = third highest
top left = fourth

make sure they are in the right order, then shim if needed.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
absolutely

There is a top and bottom order as well so here is how it goes for a right handed shooter:

Top right = highest #
top left = fourth

ok i'll check that out thanks

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
absolutely

Top right = highest #
top left = fourth

So it ended up the limbs are on wrong like you said. Do you think 50 shots with limbs on in wrong order would damage them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.