Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered some 8190f strings from parknsonsarchery.com they came in yesterday had my local pse shop put them on it showed 58lbs and it's a 60lb bow at 30 inch and it shot my 415 grain arrow at 310fps seemed slow for that and my 370 grain arrow at 325fps thoughts please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I live an hour west of Saint Louis if there is a good tuner I can take it too

·
id rather be hunting
1,480 Posts
I'm not familiar with the string company you bought your strings from so I have a few questions, are the brass weights in the right location? how many stands did they use, if you can tell? is the measurements on the bow correct? brace height, ATA, timing correct? did the shop you brought it to put it on a draw board?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is ex-wolverine on I believe it's the cams they don't have a draw board they just put it on the scale and pull the bow down to watch cams the bottom cam was touching first he said you want your top cam faster

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yes top cam should be slightly advanced - only by a few mm....is the A to A in spec? and what were you getting before the new strings?...and if you still have the old strings - compare them with the new..

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the top cam should touch a hair before the bottom ata and brace height are dead on they have my bottom cam touching before the top cam

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Nope - all my PSE have tuned better with the top cam advanced slightly...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Does the new strings have the speed nooks on them and as asked above are they the same strand? I always likes ABB strings like comes on PSE bows, you might find cheaper but not better.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes they have the speed nocks they are not the strings it's the cams just gonna send to carters archery since the shop I took it too doesn't know what they are doing

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Sounds like you need to put some twists in the buss cable to get the weight up, ata is just a reference point. I'd say your doing the right thing in sending it to a good tuner.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
The speed nocks are in the factory locations ...

It's 28 strands of 8190f ...it's not the strings

The shop should have had you draw it and watch the timing since they don't have a draw board ...

My guess it's the tune and the chrono

Send to me for tuning you cover shipping I will do it for free

Irritates me when a pro shop can't spec out a bow

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
18,551 Posts
^^^ Tom is top notch, his strings are in the same category. Hell of a gesture hes doing with an offer like that! Take him up on the offer and you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am I know it's not his strings they are top notch

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
At the specs you are indicating...my calc says subtract 57 FPS from the IBO speed...so 370/362 less 57 = 313/305. So you are at IBO. Agree with the others you want the top stop hitting very slightly ahead of the bottom. Throw in some bare shaft tuning and you may pick up a few more fps as well.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
The speed nocks are in the factory locations ...

It's 28 strands of 8190f ...it's not the strings

The shop should have had you draw it and watch the timing since they don't have a draw board ...

My guess it's the tune and the chrono

Send to me for tuning you cover shipping I will do it for free

Irritates me when a pro shop can't spec out a bow

Tom

Got him straightened out. It was all the strings fault ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts