Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I have MANY BOWS
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do to get 20-23lbs of holding weight on a 2013 Dominator Max (ME Cams). I know that I can increase poundage and get more holding weight. I have Match Point 9mm draw stops installed on cams and that adds 2lbs of holding weight so I'm figuring 17lbs or so based on 60lbs peak weight. However in my experiments with draw length etc I preloaded the limbs on my 2012 Dominator Pro and shot my highest X-count. I forgot to check the poundage after tinkering but in checking it later that day it was 65lbs on our scale! Backed the poundage down and scores went down as well. So....I hear I can run larger diameter serving to accomplish more holding weight but I'm not to keen on that idea. Is there any possibility of moving the draw stops and retiming the bow to increase the holding weight? What are my options here? 60lbs is about the max I'm comfortable shooting indoors, I'd even like to shoot less draw weight but I apparently like a lot of holding weight...I just want to try it again and see what happens.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I ran my draw stops one hole shorter to increase mine to about 23lbs.

I didn't notice anything wrong with that set up at all. Maybe some others will chime in too. I think its fine but that is just my take.

·
I have MANY BOWS
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT is it ok to run draw stops in this manner. Won't it increase dl slightly? It won't overdraw the cams will it? Other ways? I read you can short string bow but idk how you know how much shorter to make the strings...

·
I have MANY BOWS
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm waiting to get the drawboard and scale bolted up to the bench at the shop to tinker on that, I'm just wondering if the 9mm matchpoint stops 1 hole short will make too much holding weight and if I should try bomars or stock stops without the rubber.

·
SMH
1,947 Posts
Bomars certainly will help. Depending on how you like your DL, I've untwisted my cables a little and twisted up the string to get around a 65% letoff on my Dominator Pro with Bomars.

·
I have MANY BOWS
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got matchpoint 9mm's. Shop finally got a draw board up and running. I checked holding weight yesterday at 58.23lbs peak I have 19.2lbs holding weight with mods in matching position.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Now what I'm going to tell you what I did might be not the normal result but it did work for me. I built my cables to speck but built my main string 1/4" short to have the cams under rotated. When I put everything together I check draw length I shoot 29" but in the 29" slot it was measuring 28.5" no big deal I just moved the module to the next slot which normally would be 29.5" and I did have to put a couple twist in the cables to get it perfect. Final numbers 61lbs 25lbs holding weight and it's ata is 39.75" and shoots a 465 grain arrow at 258fps and a 380 grain arrow at 283fps. No speed nocks but it was 24 strand bcy x served with 3d. I don't know if it's right or not but when I ran them numbers on a ibo calculator it was saying equal to 330 fps which is pretty good and I'm extremely happy with the results and the bow flat shoots. I have a dominator 3d as well that I haven't set up yet but with the way this dominator came out I might just use it for 3d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts