Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSE's technology is years ahead of every other bow manufacturer. Other bow manufacturers are scrambling to reverse engineer and copy PSE. People need to recognize how amazing PSE's bows are and join the PSE Fanboy Club!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I shoot PSE and Bowtech. I think BT has the edge on innovation.

Center pivot, Flex guard (PSE copied that), OD binary cams.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts

Well pse made the first flexing cable slide (I think so) Not a roller guard :D. But I am sure they got the idea for a flex system from the other companies.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Flexible cable guard w/cable slide, rotating cam modules, strong limb pockets that support a full 10 turns of adjustability, very reliable preloaded limbs, strong risers and a great grip are all qualities of a great compound design and PSE has them all. Add the interchangeability of limbs and cams and the wide variety of bow options and you have a winner in my opinion. I just wish they would sell their cams separately and redesign their offset string stop.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I woudn't say pse is years ahead of any company out there but they are not years behind anyone either.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
If you look back to 2006 see what everybody bows look like.now most top end bows today look like 2007 pse.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
PSE's technology is years ahead of every other bow manufacturer. Other bow manufacturers are scrambling to reverse engineer and copy PSE. People need to recognize how amazing PSE's bows are and join the PSE Fanboy Club!
Reverse engineer ? It's a bow not a UFO ! But funny regardless !!

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you look back to 2006 see what everybody bows look like.now most top end bows today look like 2007 pse.
A lot of those improvements in PSE's line came from AR (Archery Research), which was owned by PSE. I have an '05 AR34 with the Ram and a Half cams that's still one of my favorites to shoot.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
while I am a big fan of pse,, most companies are "borrowing technology from each other" legally and often illegally, take a look at the law suites filed by all of them,,
almost every company has something someone else does not have.....

·
Registered
23,633 Posts

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
I wouldn't say PSE is years ahead but like someone else said they sure are not behind anyone in tech

I'd say they are definitely in the front though

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
PSE is my bow of choice now. They've really improved their products in the last few years. Amazing speed, draw, grips. etc. Pete must be cracking the whip

·
Registered
348 Posts

As you can tell by my signature, I shoot both as well. Honestly, I cant say I agree. It's apples and oranges. Competition-wise, I feel PSE has the upper hand. However, as far as hunting goes, I feel bowtech has made greater advancements.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
"Best" is a very subjective term....I do agree with you that they are one of the few at the top. I really like their limb pocket design, it's a very solid design.

I don't even own a PSE but will say they are definitely at the top of their game and have some awesome bows with literally a bow for every size and for every budget. The "King" of speed title also belongs to them, not to mention some very shootable flame throwers too! The hybrid cam system they predominantly use is IMO the most adjustable and tunable cam system out....they will shoot and tune at more starting positions (cam timing) than any other system and this is what makes it the most tunable.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts