Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......or so I thought. Over the past few years, I have owned a ton of bows. I never really gave PSE a look. I stuck with Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech mostly. For about a year now, I've read all the positives about the Evolve series, but didn't pull the trigger. Finally, ex-wolverine and Scottie/PA convinced me to try one. I got rid of my Halon 32 and got an Evolve 31. The draw on this thing is ridiculous. I've had two shoulder surgeries and have no problems with this bow. I'm not going to tell you that it feels like you are pulling less weight, but it is about the smoothest pulling bow I've had. Speed seems great. The grip is very repeatable. I've been shooting this bow for two days and the grip is super consistent. Now, this isn't the most dead in the hand bow ever, but it is not bad by any means. Even with a touch of vibe, the bow seems very quiet. I have hush puks on my limbs so that may help some. I also had the strings changed out to some catfish customs and put on a coolhandluke vibekiller. I just like a solid suppressor. Overall, I am extremely impressed with this bow. The draw is outstanding and most of all, I am more accurate and consistent than I have been with a bow in quite awhile. I cannot explain why other than the grip. So, if you think the Evolve series is the same old PSE, give it a chance and shoot one!!

evolve.jpg

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love my pse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Archery Talk forum

·
Broken, Beat, & Scarred
5,795 Posts
Evolve is tough to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I have a new PSE Evolve 35, the PSE QAD rest came in the mail yesterday. I have it roughly set up and have been shooting it in the garage max 10 yards. One of the reasons I bought it is I have a 31 3/8" draw length an I have it on the B setting 60 pound limbs turned down to 52 pounds (gained 1/8" in draw) and the length feels perfect to me. When I took it out of the box and held it the top of the bow leaned towards my face, but when I put my HHA Kingpin on, it balanced perfectly. The draw is as advertised, and I can tell it is fast, but my chronograph doesn't have lights so I must wait till tomorrow to take it outside. I am getting a left tear, I experimented with 300 spine, 350 spine, and 400 spine, the 350 with a 100g point gave me the best tear so far (cut at 30") I still have a 1/4" left tear no matter where my grip is centered.
The bad IMO:
the strings look really cheesy and red dye comes off on my hands, never seen this before. I don't care for red at all!
The camo (some country something, not a lot of choices) looks anemic
I don't know why they designed these points in the riser, but they are not beautiful IMO.
The grip is fatter than my Prime which I really like, but it's not really bad by any means)
having a little problem getting the teat out (I know I can keep moving the rest to the right, but it sort of quit responding to rest movement)
The good:
I really like how the PSE QAD mounts to theorized with the tongue and groove system.
Seems fast (know more tomorrow, good weather, our snow is melting)
holds pretty good (not as good as my prime, but a lot faster)
The 90% let-off should be great for hunting
It is a few hundred dollars cheaper than other bows, I guess they cut the frills in manufacturing, so the looks suffer a little)
I realize there are trade offs, and when I get it dialed in and some more arrows thru it, I will be able to determine how accurate it really is. I do think this will be a great hunting bow.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I just bought a new Evolve 35 off the classifieds. Can't wait to put it through the paces as my new target/3D bow.

It's scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. I never thought I would ever wish it was Wednesday.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
The 31 and 35 are two of the best offerings by anyone right now, both are absolute tack drivers. Your black 31 is awesome.
I had a 31 and actually considering another.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I have found the manual that comes with the evolve to be close to worthless, nowhere in the manual is the Evolve even mentioned, there is a reference to the limb pockets being adjustable for left/right tears, but not really an explanation/directions, I see no adjustment bolts on my Evolve pockets. Can anybody shed any light on this subject? Shims?

·
Registered
24,751 Posts
I can’t even remember the last time I looked at a manual. Tuning is basically the same as any none yoke System bow.

Tuning left and right
1) rest adjustments
Left tear move rest right
Right tear move rest left

2) Cam spacer Adjustments
Left tear shim cam to the left
Right tear shim cam to the right

Target bows are the only ones with the LAS adjustments at the limb pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'm with you on the new pse's. My favorite cam system are binary's and when pse came out with the new evolve cams I knew I had to have one.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Thanks ontarget7, just me I guess, I always era the manuals, I just found a Youtube video by Bobby Vargas that explains the LAS (lateral adjustment system) that was mentioned in the manual (the manual failed to mention it was only on the target bows) and Bobby also said that it only comes on the target bows. I will keep moving the rest right (right handed shooter) but I am getting closer to the riser than I like, my arrow is on quite an angle compared to the stab. I might move the cams left and see what happens. Perhaps if they upgraded the limb pockets on the hunting bows they wouldn't be mediocre!

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Thanks ontarget7, just me I guess, I always era the manuals, I just found a Youtube video by Bobby Vargas that explains the LAS (lateral adjustment system) that was mentioned in the manual (the manual failed to mention it was only on the target bows) and Bobby also said that it only comes on the target bows. I will keep moving the rest right (right handed shooter) but I am getting closer to the riser than I like, my arrow is on quite an angle compared to the stab. I might move the cams left and see what happens. Perhaps if they upgraded the limb pockets on the hunting bows they wouldn't be mediocre!
If the limb configuration is correct and the shims are done properly, they will shoot bullets right down the middle.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I had same problem my arrow runs way left of my stabilizer so we moved the spacers to one small on left rest on right side it helped xxxdome but now it has a right tear you cannot get out so im going to move shims back because it was shooting bullet holes before but my OCD got the best of me

·
Registered
11,396 Posts
.......or so I thought. Over the past few years, I have owned a ton of bows. I never really gave PSE a look. I stuck with Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech mostly. For about a year now, I've read all the positives about the Evolve series, but didn't pull the trigger. Finally, ex-wolverine and Scottie/PA convinced me to try one. I got rid of my Halon 32 and got an Evolve 31. The draw on this thing is ridiculous. I've had two shoulder surgeries and have no problems with this bow. I'm not going to tell you that it feels like you are pulling less weight, but it is about the smoothest pulling bow I've had. Speed seems great. The grip is very repeatable. I've been shooting this bow for two days and the grip is super consistent. Now, this isn't the most dead in the hand bow ever, but it is not bad by any means. Even with a touch of vibe, the bow seems very quiet. I have hush puks on my limbs so that may help some. I also had the strings changed out to some catfish customs and put on a coolhandluke vibekiller. I just like a solid suppressor. Overall, I am extremely impressed with this bow. The draw is outstanding and most of all, I am more accurate and consistent than I have been with a bow in quite awhile. I cannot explain why other than the grip. So, if you think the Evolve series is the same old PSE, give it a chance and shoot one!!

View attachment 6334509
congrats finding a bow you love, sounds like the draw is a good trade off for a little vibe in your situation.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I converted to a PSE Xpedite recently and have been really impressed with the Evolve cam system. I never thought I would find a replacement for my Defcon M6 but the Xpedite quickly did so. I owe thanks to Shane for giving me the needed push to commit to it. Congrats op.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Havent owned a PSE since I had a single cam Stingray quite a few years back. Just picked up a used Evolve 35 in classifieds. Ive had it about a week, set to 85% LO and 57 lbs it is sweet. It seems to do the best with the 10" Beestinger out front with the 8" on the side, still have to play with weight configuration but this bow holds and shoots better than anything I have owned previously.

·
Registered
50,344 Posts
I had same problem my arrow runs way left of my stabilizer so we moved the spacers to one small on left rest on right side it helped xxxdome but now it has a right tear you cannot get out so im going to move shims back because it was shooting bullet holes before but my OCD got the best of me
The notion the arrow lines up with a stabilizer is a false concept.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts