Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on this bow? I am thinking about buying a used Lazer from the classifieds. What would be a fair price for a used Lazer?
How does it handle and how does it shoot? How does the Lazer compare to the 40 inch PSE Expressions, the Shootdown and the Supra Focus XL LD.

A friend locally has the Expressions for sale. Another friend of mine has their Shootdown listed in the classifieds. Both bows have been taken care of very well. I don't really need the Lazer. I have 3 or 4 bows that I really need to sale, but have not listed them. Thanks Ken.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm a PSE guy and had not heard of the Lazer until this past Friday. I was at the shop picking out some new releases and saw them hanging on the wall.

I shoot an Evolve 31 for hunting and an Evolve 35 for 3D. Back in 2017 I bought a Phenom in 40# so I could learn to shoot right handed. The Lazer takes the place of the Phenom. I thought the Lazer was a nice bow but it is the lower tier so to speak of the target lineup. I shot their 60# one and it felt just like a Phenom. Riser looks a bit different but it felt the same. 75% letoff with not much valley, which I kinda like.

It's going to compare to $11-1200 bows just like any other $799 bow is going to compare to them. They cut costs somewhere. Plastic limb pockets, etc.

2021 is the first year of the Lazer (I'm pretty sure) but my shop had 6 or 7 on the wall at $799 so I wouldn't pay more than $450-500 used. If they actually came out in 2020 and it was a used 2020, I wouldn't go over $400.

·
The Impartial Archer
19,885 Posts
I had a Phaser but that was 40 years ago.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I owned a PSE Laser Mag Express. It must have been around the early 1980's. I shot it for many years and loved it. I guess I got one of the good (cast) risers. Others weren't so lucky.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
I had one, nice bow. Has kind of an old school feel to it when shot. There is some hand shock or recoil but it held nice and shot great. A buddy was looking for one so I sold him mine.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I owned a PSE Laser Mag Express. It must have been around the early 1980's. I shot it for many years and loved it. I guess I got one of the good (cast) risers. Others weren't so lucky.
I shot the Laser Magnum and then the Laser Magnum Express back in 85 and 86.

I would love to have another Laser Magnum made out of today's modern materials but with the same design as the 85 model Laser Magnum.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have an old Laser Mag hanging on a gun rack in a spare bedroom,bought it around 80-81 I believe.
Shot it for years,nice bow for sure,never heard of the new Laser.

Greg

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an old Laser Mag hanging on a gun rack in a spare bedroom,bought it around 80-81 I believe.
Shot it for years,nice bow for sure,never heard of the new Laser.
Greg
The new Lazer is on the PSE Website under target bows.

Greg: If you want to get rid of the old Laser Magnum, let me know. I would be interested if it is 50 pound draw and say 29 inch draw length. Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts