Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends, I am new to PSE and was wondering if someone could explain the different limbs to me as in...961 etc and how to tell the deflection and how the different limb series compares. I am only interested in the ones that have axles at both ends of the split limbs. Thank you!

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
I think I see what you are doing there. I would say shoot a PM to breathn or ScottiePA and ask them. I sold my bow so I have no need for the info anymore but I was going to go that route.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,523 Posts
The 961 limb is longer than the 898 limb. The 2012 and earlier Supras had 898 limbs as does the Phenom. The later model Supra uses 961 limbs with a different limb pocket which also requires a different shape to the end of the riser.

I don't know of a specific "limb chart" but I can find some info here http://tune.pse-archery.com/ . It has the deflections for limbs on each bow. The deflection is stamped on the bows as two digit number. A 3 digit number is the "sub-deflection" number. I believe all four limbs on a bow will usually have sub-deflection numbers within about 6.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 961 limb is longer than the 898 limb. The 2012 and earlier Supras had 898 limbs as does the Phenom. The later model Supra uses 961 limbs with a different limb pocket which also requires a different shape to the end of the riser.

I don't know of a specific "limb chart" but I can find some info here http://tune.pse-archery.com/ . It has the deflections for limbs on each bow. The deflection is stamped on the bows as two digit number. A 3 digit number is the "sub-deflection" number. I believe all four limbs on a bow will usually have sub-deflection numbers within about 6.
Thank you Kstigall...are the 898 limbs axled at both ends? I now have a set of 961 and they are.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thank you Kstigall...are the 898 limbs axled at both ends? I now have a set of 961 and they are.
898 have the axle hole at one end and a hole in the center at the end that fits the limb pocket "peg". 961 limbs bolt into the limb pockets . What kind of bow are you working on and What are you trying to accomplish?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts