Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I owned a MoneyMaker LF for a short time. The bow was VERY impressive for accuracy, quiteness, and even speed for a bow with it's dimensions. But, I just never could get used to the valley. I like to get relaxed at full draw, settle in, and start to pull through my shot, but with the MoneyMaker LF, I always felt under stress to keep the bow at full draw. I did own a first generation X-Force, and I was actually more relaxed at full draw with the X-Force than with the MoneyMaker, even though the MoneyMaker had a smoother draw cycle.

I've never shot the MoneyMaker NI or the Shark, but with a 30.5" draw, I could get decent speed out if either.

I've recently been reading about the Bow madness XL. For those of you who have shot both the MM LF and BMXL......how would you rate -

1) The draw cycle, one against the other, and....

2) How the bow holds, one against the other.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I didn't own a MoneyMaker LF, but I did have a MoneyMaker NI. I shot it very well, but believe it or not, I actually shot the BMXL even better. The BMXL just seems to hold better for me than the MM. So, I sold the MM and got the BMXL and never regretted the decision.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
had the mmxni. never could could get happy with it. just picked up the bmxl and wow, holds excellant, quiet, fast and cant wait to do some serious shooting.

·
Registered
23,619 Posts
I have had a few MM LF's and a BMXL.....I REGRET selling the BMXL! It was soooo much smoother, held better, and I found a 29 inch draw to hold true to me perfectly...

I want another...it is the perfect do all bow...easy transition from indoors to 3D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have both the bowmadness xl is a good shooting bow but after you put a quality string with serving around the idler you lose all sorts of speed.my money maker lf is just as fast and much more forgiving.To be honest the dream season is a awesome bow.Im shooting 60 lbs with a 363 grain arrow 110 grains up front at 310 and the thing drives tacks nice bow def not as smooth tho......Jeff

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You are not supposed to serve the area around the idler wheel. The idler was designed for an unserved string. If you do serve it, you will lose speed and have unlevel nock travel.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
The valley on the Triumph 65% cam is the same way. I just couldn't get used to it - the 80% is much better though.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You are not supposed to serve the area around the idler wheel. The idler was designed for an unserved string. If you do serve it, you will lose speed and have unlevel nock travel.
We used halo serving and the bow punch one of the best holes thru paper I have ever seen.I just dont think it would be much faster than m moneymaker at 60 pounds to give up a inch and a half of brace thats pretty much why i put it to the side for now.It is very smooth and shot well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's some good info. Anyone else?

I guess I'm mainly concerned about the harshness of the valley, and weather the BMXL wants to snatch my arm off and toss it through the woods like the MM LF wanted to do.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
23,619 Posts
The Madness XL will not harm you in any way...it is the smoothest drawing single cam since the Switchback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts