Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have an opportunity to buy both bows bare, for around same price range.... the pse for ~$230ish and the Obsession for ~$200ish
Unfortunately can only go for one

was hoping you guys can tell me which one I should go for and if the asking pricings above made by the sellers are ok.

Thanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
both bows are good bows I never had a pse omen but have have a couple of obsession's which I realy like.i believe brace height on omen is around 6 or laess obsession should be a little higher.good luck on your choice

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I own an Obsession Evolution 2014 and it's by far my favorite bow from my stable of about 9 bows I own. If you are seeking a bow that meets IBO speed then Obsession bows are not for you but if you want a bow that holds and shoots great with an awesome draw cycle then Obsession Evolution is the be best example from Obsession. The PSE Omen is definitely a fast bow but you will pay to reach those speeds. the draw cycle is much harsher, the valley is short and the bow is much less forgiving requiring almost perfect form to shoot well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for replies, I'm not too picky on the draw as I'm still fairly young and workout very consistently (I can muscle my way through a sharper draw :shade::shade:)

but what do you guys think of the prices for both respectively... oh PS: the PSE would be shipped to me while I'd have to drive 50min both ways to pick up the obsession.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had an Onen years ago and it was a shooter.

I never had an issue with derailing. It was jumpy at full draw, but a fun bow.

I wouldnt recommend it for a first bow, but give it a shot! When I sold my omen max it was tough and got $150.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Would you buy a Camaro if you had the option to buy a Corvette for the same amount of money? Unless you don't have much shooting experience, go with the Omen. If you are inexperienced, the Omen may not be for you. It is the most accurate SPEED bows I've ever owned. The UF cams are the most technically advanced cam ever produced IMO. The top cam is substantially bigger than the bottom to compensate for the above center nocking location on the Omen. They will punish you, especially if shooing one with adraw length that is too long for you.

·
Registered
18,929 Posts
What are the specs on the omen? for that money I would think about buying it. I shot the dream season bow with the uf cam on it for a few years, I liked the cam quite a bit actually, bow was a shooter and I like the lower letoff.

A 50lb Omen or Full Throttle would be sweet!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the replies all, at this point im leaning on omen...

everyones comments help put into perspective... im willing to have to face a learning curve of getting used to the bow in exchange for the speed and accuracy.
Nothing a couple weeks of practicing with that will help get accustomed to.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I just put new treads and tuned my brothers PSE Omen.....turned down to 65.7lbs. With tied nock points and dloop shooting a 424gr arrow 335fps. Fastest bow I've shoot, but not for me, harsh draw cycle.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Although I have never owned any X bows -yet - I have had plenty of PSE's including the Omen and the Omen Pro - IMO the UF cam was not one of the better cams and it had a distinct lump in the draw before the cams fell into whatever little valley there was. So on that basis stick with the X bow. if the draw cycle is not an issues then get the PSE - I harvested a lot of game with mine - and it was smoking accurate.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Never owned a PSE so I can't comment good or bad, but I have owned several Obsessions of which 3 were 2014 Evos. (Still have one) and they are real shooters. The draw cycle is awesome and very very accurate.. I've never seen one that quite reached IBO, but most have come close.. (close enough)... For the same money I'd be all over the Obsession. Good luck.. Based upon comments by those with PSE experience you probably couldn't go too wrong either way.. Too bad you can't shoot both before buying.. I'm sure one of them would shoot/feel better at the draw/shot...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.