Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Simply put..............NO............
New to the sport I would go with like a PSE Chaos, Mission bow of somekind, Diamond, etc.... Something with a little less bite out of the wallet, but still a quality bow. If he sticks with it, after a year or 2 move up to a better bow.... Just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The Omen is not a beginner bow IMO. There are several other PSE's that would do a good job for a beginner though. I think of the Omen as an advaced bow.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Definatley not a beginners bow. Learn on something easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think it may scare the kid :shade:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I believe the Stinger or the Brute would be the way to go. Not as radical as the Omen. easier to shoot for the beginner.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
heck no thats not for bigginers

·
On a backstrap mission!
2,040 Posts
You will be much better off with another pse if that is what you had your heart set on, stinger, brute a bowmadness would also be nice if you wanted to spend more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im thirteen and just bought my first bow a few months ago. I bought a pse chaos and love it. Its very acurate and smooth.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I have an Omen, and would definately say no... I love it, but would never recommend it to someone without experience and at minimum decent form and consistency.

The bow will shoot great, but its not a walk in the park to get used to at first and it may have the beginner wishing they hadnt dropped a grand really fast.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Like the others said I would not recommend it. It would be like putting a new driver in a Ferarri. A beginner is not ready for that aggressive of a bow. Shoot awhile, learn proper form and shot execution, then switch to a speed bow. To start, you want something that is easy to draw and forgiving of form flaws. Think single cam bow with a 7" inch brace height. For PSE, I would recommend the Bowmadness or Chaos. Most manufactures make a good bow that is suitable for beginners. Go test some out at a proshop and let the bow pick you. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
i thnk the madness would be decent to start with.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
A Big No for a Beginner. look at PSE Brute, Stinger. The Bow madness bows are really nice to shoot too. I would steer them toward the Bow madness and or Brute First. I.M.O.

·
Registered
26 Posts
NO! no man not at all i dont recommend this bow for very experienced bow shooters more or less beginners, If i was you i would get him a gx or Ben Pearson tx-34, the omens cam is harsh to the max so radical its not fun to shoot at all! Relly it all depends on his age, late teens a gx cam is about as high as you want to go, with a younger teen 13 or lower i would recommend the Pearson or bow madness, only problem with the bow madness is the strings or cheap and not good where the Pearsons come with dang good strings. I hope I helped a little =)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i would go more with like a pse brute lt.its nice and smooth

1 - 19 of 19 Posts