Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at switching to a pse evo and have one question maybe you guys can answer. If i buy an evo does a person have to grease the limb pockets periodically or are some people doing it because they have noise problems? Just curious.

·
Banned
4,049 Posts
Been looking at switching to a pse evo and have one question maybe you guys can answer. If i buy an evo does a person have to grease the limb pockets periodically or are some people doing it because they have noise problems? Just curious.
its just a little creak or pop every once in a while but all you have to do is either back out the limb pocket set screw and snug it back up or i have found out for me if you will take out the littlescrew and put some string wax on the threads that seemed to work for me. its not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I dont own an evo but i have shot 3 of them. Non of them made noise so it may just be a small percentage of them with that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
My EVO has not made any noises and is very quiet shooting. It came with some grease under the limbs but I haven't done anything more to it and have put hundreds of arrows out of it.

·
B AND M ARCHERY
7,564 Posts
The noise problem was on some early model EVO's, the one's that are out now the noise has been resolved.

·
Registered
50,410 Posts
It has NOTHING to do with any particular bow, brand or model. It happens to EVERY single bow out there now and then. Actually it does not hurt every few years on any bow to do this type of maintenance.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good I read a thread on here about a guy who was doing it several times during the summer on his......I am changing from my Z7 magnum to an evo this week and have been reading threads is all.....I loved the evo I shot!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
haven't had no issues with mine yet but i prob just jinksed myself .

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
My EVO has not made any noises and is very quiet shooting. It came with some grease under the limbs but I haven't done anything more to it and have put hundreds of arrows out of it.
same here

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Mine is noise free and awesome

Though is wait for the 2012's if your thinking of buying now

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good I read a thread on here about a guy who was doing it several times during the summer on his......I am changing from my Z7 magnum to an evo this week and have been reading threads is all.....I loved the evo I shot!
You are making a good move Brother! That is a sweet bow!

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
the screws on the side of the centerlock limb pockets was where the noise was coming from on some of them, they remedied that by putting a brass washer underneath and wa-la no more noise

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
IF you happen to get one that makes a noise, it is easily fixed. No grease required. They are definetly nice bows......imho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts