Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 2014 phenom with ME DUEl cams. What your opinions of this particular bow and cams. I am new to compounds, and think I would like a longer axle to axle bow. I would use the bow for hunting. How is the draw cycle? I am beginning to have trouble with my shoulders, I drew a PSE Brute X but, it felt harsh. Thanks for your ideasl

·
redman
8,115 Posts
I have one and its shooting as good as my supra the riser is a little lighter so you can add little more weight to stabilizer it holds super good great bow

·
id rather be hunting
1,480 Posts
I had this bow 2yrs ago for my 3D bow. I loved it. shot like a dream. smooth draw cycle, solid wall. one draw back is the speed. its a little slower than id like for hunting but I was right at my speed limit for 3D at 279fps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate the replies gentlemen. Jerinmn 279fps sounds like a screamer to me, the trad bows I use are about 100fps slower. Even though they shoot much slower they are deadly weapons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a Phenom yesterday. Should be here in a week or so. Thank everyone for the help. Couple of other questions from a newbie. What would be a good rest, stabilizer, and sight? The bow will be used as a hunting rig. I assume the drop away type rest is the best way to go, but would really like some input. The Retiana Lok Sight is there a practical advantage to it over other sights? Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
let me know what you think of the bow. I ordered one as well and just received it today. I'm going to think some on what rest and sight to put on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts