Archery Talk Forum banner

PSE Problem Please Help

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  San Diego Dad 
#1 ·
I recently purchased my wife and new 2016 PSE Stinger X Stiletto. She has been shooting everyday for the last month. Three weeks ago we were at our local PSE dealer's indoor range and while she was shooting, her string stop broke. It sheared off at the threads.
Our dealer was in shock as he has been in the archery business for 40 years and has never seen that happen before.
Tonight, it happened again. Our dealer is at a loss for words and is waiting to hear back from PSE.

We are curious to see if anyone else has had this happen. I know the first comment will probably be to properly adjust the stop. Both times the stop was at factory settings and there is minimal marks on the rubber end. Please help!!!!!

#2 ·
I adjust mine so there is a credit card width space between string & stop....i assume Pse will look after you,i have never had that issue myself on the many i have owned....i hope you get it squared away and back shooting.....Grizz

#4 ·
I've sold hundreds of PSEs with that same stop on it and I've never seen it. I can't imagine what's happening to your wife's. Make sure it's not being over tightened in place. It needs to be snug but you don't have to horse it down. Especially if it's backed out quite a bit because you have the limb bolts backed out a good amount.

#7 ·
Are you referring to the draw stop on the cam or the big rubber bumper on a shaft below the arrow rest?? I've heard recently the draw stops (on the cam) are made to act like a sheer pin.... too much pressure and they break away to protect the cam from twisting. The string stop doesn't have threads, not sure how that would break. Your wife may be pulling into the back wall to hard, it might be the draw length is incorrect. Hope your dealer/PSE can help figure it out, or you won't be happy with your purchase.

#8 ·
Yes I am referring to the metal Rod that has the large rubber piece on it that the string stops against. The rod has threads for adjustment inside the large nut that is against the brace.

I'm trying to see how many others have had this problem so I can include the numbers when I speak with PSE.

#9 ·
It is likely that you have the limbs backed out a ways so the stop is also backed out a ways as well. There might not be enough threads holding it into the riser and that could be an issue. When you speak to PSE maybe you could suggest they send you one of the backstop string stops instead of the one that comes on the stinger. The backstop will thread all the way in and then the metallic carrier for the rubber adjusts in and out, instead of the whole stop threading in and out for adjustment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.