Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot a PSE Quantum w/ the centerfire cam? Just curious if I'd have any problem getting 280fps at 28 1/2" draw with it. Dimensionally it seems fairly forgiving. How does it compare to the Primos STL?

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
For starters, some "odd" combinations and comparisons you're asking about there. Reason I say this, first, the Quantum was discontinued for 2003; second, I believe the Centerfire cam was not introduced until the 2003 bow line-up and therefore was not offered (stock anyway) on the Quantum ('02 model used the U1 cam I believe). So in effect you are comparing a discontinued bow to one still being offered, and the discontinued bow would be custom if it indeed has a CF cam on it.

Not a bad thing however :). The Quantum was/is considered an excellent shooting bow - enough speed for 3D and accurate enough that several have done well with that particular model in various target/spot venues as well. The CF cam from what I felt is a very good cam, probably even better than the U1 offered standard on the last Quantum models. As long as you go with arrows weighing 5gr/# of bow draw weight (i.e. 60# bow, use a 300gr arrow - total weight), I can't imagine you would have a problem getting at least 280fps out of it. The Primos STL in comparison should be very close. From what I've seen the Primos is kind of a cross between the discontinued Quantum and Durango Lite. Designed to be quick (not the fastest) and accurate with a decent axle-to-axle length and brace height so as to make it fairly forgiving as well.

Just my thoughts anyways................:)

>>------->

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can get 280 out of mine,but I have to shoot 70 lbs with a 322 grain arrow to do it.I shoot 27.5 inch draw.

Mine has the Ultimate one cam also.

If you go with it,take the grip off.It feels a lot better to me shooting off the riser.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts