Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been into the PSE bows but am starting to take notice of them. Could someone clear up the models for me? I see an x-force, HF-6, UF, GX etc. What does all this designate?

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,110 Posts
tells you which cams they are. the uf is draw specific the hf and gx take mods.
uf=omen cams
gx=09 cams
hf=08

there are also axe cams that came out this year crazy adjustable.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The HF is the first generation cam, I think it came out in 2007 and ran through 2008, then came the one year run of the GX cam 2009, now they are going with the UF cam on the Omen and the Dream season.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the cams have the same draw feel and is one better than the other or is it just the adjustemnt? Also, if they are going with the UF cam on the omen and DS why? Why go non adj?

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,110 Posts
Do the cams have the same draw feel and is one better than the other or is it just the adjustemnt? Also, if they are going with the UF cam on the omen and DS why? Why go non adj?
all have a little different feel the axe cams are very smooth, the gx have a noticable hump right at the end but there 80% let off the others are 70%,the omen is built for speed its the fastest of all of them but actually draws very good for a speed bow i love the wall of the omen it has two draw stops only the axe cam has two out of the others. If you want to try a xforce and not spend a ton of money buy a hf you cant go wrong, if you want to spend a little more money the axe and omen would be very good choices, the gx had some tunning issues but still shot very well.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I think the feel is all a matter of opinion, the new uf is the fastest in my opinion, that being said its not for everyone, mine is a 30 inch draw and it has a pretty good hump right before rollover, I did have a couple bows with the GX cam and I thought it was much smoother, alot of people complained about tuning issues with the GX cam, and the HF cam I hear nothing but good things about, I did have one in 2007 but I can't remenber much about it other than I shot it well and it was fast, I think PSE wanted to make the UF as fast as possible and it ended up being draw length specific, if you want lots of adjustability you can go with the axe series and have a smoother draw and still some smoking speeds. just my two cents.

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,110 Posts
Skip over and shoot the AXE and Vendetta.

It will be WORTH IT.
yup what he said very nice bows!!!! the pse rep was in town and i got to shoot the entire lineup for 2010

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
The HF cams in my opinion are sweet, better than the GX.Like some have said the AXE cams are awesome. but if you are looking to try one you could pick up an 07 or 8 pretty cheap. Infact I have one F/S with 28 inch mods

1 - 12 of 12 Posts