Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys this is my first post but I have been a long time reader of at threads. Lot of great info here for beginners and pro shooters alike. I am down to two bows the revenge and the method. I've shot both bows and for the price I don't think either could be beat. My question is will the revenge (being heavy as it is) be as good a shooter as the method at longer ranges. I have not had a chance to shoot either at any distance, the shop has a small room for chrono and hooter shooter only. I really like the feel of both bows with the method having a touch more vibration to it, nothing a stab couldn't fix. So to those of you own or have shot these bows at distance(say 60 yards or better), can you give me some input on which would be better for my type of shooting. I only shoot 40 yds hunting but it's always fun to practice out to 80 yds or more. My draw length is 28.5" I know that might or might not affect me with the short a2a of the revenge. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the info I'm sure I'll learn on this forum.

·
Banned
5,673 Posts
Well the Revenge is 29" ATA the Method is 33" so with that said the Method will hold better at long range but the Revenge is the better bow by far.

🎯

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
I have not shot the Bear and did not need too..The Revenge is a Great Hunting Bow.That would be my choice and was my Choice...Grizz

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that what I wante to hear. I was leaning towards the revenge as it felt like I solid bow. And at 29", 70#, and 385 grain arrow it shot 319 fps. A very quick little bow. The bear felt good too though. I think I will stick to the shorter a2a bow for treestands and blind hunting. Just wanted some other opinions on the bear as well. I will shoot them both again when I go back to make my final decision

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
I Like the Revenge over any other bow other then my Axe 6 i have ever shot or owned.I Shot a Rh Dna and wanted a Dna but i like the Revenge better then the Dna..Not saying i wont buy a Dna cause its an awesome bow but i like the Drive cam and then the Axe cam as my Personal Favourites..I Plan on using it for Turkey hunting this Spring..Grizz

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I've shot both and although I liked the draw better on the revenge the ata was just too short for me. The bear with the longer ata was more to my liking but the draw was
harsh compared to the revenge. It's all personal preference so you need to decide for yourself which would be the better choice for you.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I myself would like the shorter axle to axle I think. Right now I'm shooting a Martin exile( short but light bow), and I like the maneuverability of it compared to my brothers bear anarchy. The thing with the revenge though is it is a fairly heavy bow. Will the heavier shorter bow shoot better than the light short bow? I like both bows equally well and I don't have the money to buy two bows. I think the pse would be the better of the two for me. I just keep second guessing myself. I will be ping back to the shop when I get home from CO. And my choice will be made then. Any other input is still welcome tho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts