Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8,244 Posts
Several guys here have been to the school, I personally havent yet but will one of these days. They have all left there with positive responses and you get to tour the manufacturing.

· Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. It seemed legit from what I read and emailed the guy. I just didnt know if it was just PSE trying to promote their stuff or something that would be useful. Did that make sense?

Anyone else have any experience with it?

· Registered
8,244 Posts
yep makes sense, the shooter school is great for anyone wanting to improve, they have the tech school to tune and promote their bows LOL. I want to go for a coaching certificate

· Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I saw the coaching thing and wanted to do that to. What kind of coaching is it? Like the USA type archery coach and are you an actual certified coach if you pass the coaching thing?

· Registered
212 Posts
I was just there the beginning of Feb. The instructor Alexander has been nominated coach of the year for the last three or so years and is amazing. He was the first to truly explain back tension that everyone there was easily able to pick up. Colby is a top notch tech and really helped everyone in understanding why the X in Xforce. We all built several bows from scratch as well as several simple tuning tricks. As far as I am concerned it is well worth the investment and I plan on returning for private lessons with Alexander in the future. Since returning my scores have gone up an average of five to ten points. Pete Shepley also came in and talked with us and actually shot with us. he is a stand up guy and an outstanding representative for the archery industry.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
from what i hear its worth the trip. a close friend of mine cliff cagle has been and i know a few others that have been. george chapman was always one of my favorite archery coaches. very smart and wonderful person.

· Registered
163 Posts
I have been and am scheduled to go again May 19th-21st. It is awesome and I think anyone in the business needs to go. Not just to PSE but to all the manufacture schools. You really pick up alot of tips from tech who do this every single day. Do it if you can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.