Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me or does the 2011 evo seem like a much better bow than the 2012 evo?? the 2012 has less let-off, less valley,doesnt hold on target as solid and not hear as comfortable a bow to shoot. i love pse but i think they went a little backward on this one. opinions??? thanks

·
BIGRACKLVR
1,379 Posts
I haven't shot the 2012 EVO, but I know I shoot my 11' Dream season very well!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I thought they were the same letoff since they are the same bow... have yet to receive any of the 2012 model in the shop here so I should know by Monday what the difference is... have a skullworkz one coming in.

·
When's bow season start?
8,912 Posts
I'd have to shoot a '12 to answer that one. My '11 is the best bow I've ever owned. But it may just be the way it feels to you and not others.

Many Hoyt shooters hated the draw on the Trykon when it debuted in '06. I thought it was great and had no issues with it at all.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
So what is the difference between the Evo 2011 and Evo 2012????????

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
CAMS and it has same letoff and is smoother drawcycle also. Have you shot both? I own both and you can tell a differnce.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
they changed the cam just a minor bit and the module is all one piece rotating, no more full and half inch modules to contend with. If it has less valley and less let-off then it wasn't set up properly. The 2012 draws much smoother than the 11

·
Roll Tide
2,687 Posts
Nope you are wrong...go look up the specs. 2011 Evo = 75% let off...2012 Evo = 75% let off.

Same letoff for both years. Very easy Google search to verify.

I can tell you one difference for sure....the grip on the 2011s are black and the 2012s are red :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts