Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st. and foremost, yes I do know it is NOT a PSE "Approved" press.
I have e-mailed Bowmaster, just haven't gotten a reply back yet. Supposedly after reading the "known issues" link. The press w/ the new type adapters will work on the SS models, supposedly due to the limbs be NOT being past parallel at rest.
Can anyone who owns an SS confirm this? If so are we talking just string and cable maintenance or a complete tear down?
Thanks in advance for any info regarding this.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Right after the new adapters came out I talked with Bowmaster and they said no. I don't know how far back the search goes on here but about two years ago there was a bunch of threads on the new Bowmaster adapters. A number of these where directly from Bowmaster on using the new adapter on the X-force style bows. Mel

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
No, otherwise I would be able to press my Dream Season myself instead of taking it to a shop. I have both the brackets, and the adapters. It is a no go.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Edwin can get something that works, however.

·
sometimes reality hurts
3,480 Posts
The press w/ the new type adapters will work on the SS models, supposedly due to the limbs be NOT being past parallel at rest.
from http://www.prototechind.com/adapters_know_issues.htm -

Because of the past-parallel issue, the new adapters WILL NOT work on most of the PSE X-Force models

the *tips* of the limbs on the SS are well past parallel, so you run the extreme risk of the adapter sliding up off the top under tension. given how fast everything will come apart if that happens, I would stick with their recommendation to not go there.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
from http://www.prototechind.com/adapters_know_issues.htm -

Because of the past-parallel issue, the new adapters WILL NOT work on most of the PSE X-Force models

the *tips* of the limbs on the SS are well past parallel, so you run the extreme risk of the adapter sliding up off the top under tension. given how fast everything will come apart if that happens, I would stick with their recommendation to not go there.
I think you need to read the "know issues" FAQ again. I'm reading that the SS style bow are NOT past parallel at rest. But Bowmaster doesn't straight out tell you that it works, it seems like there are basing it on the fact the the limbs are NOT past parallel at rest that it "should" work. I don't want to know if it "Should" work, I want a definite yes or no answer from the company itself, but I have not received any replies as of yet. I'll call them Tuesday to see what they say.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts