Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a PSE stinger max in February. I got a new string and cables in August. For the last several months I have been working on increasing my draw weight. My bow has the #70 limbs, and I have worked up to drawing about #60. With this last increase I noticed that the limbs on the top of the bow aren't even. The left side is pulled farther then the right. Is this bad for the bow? Is it dangerous to shoot? Is it a tuning problem? Thanks for all your help and advice.

Wood Bicycle fork Bicycle frame Floor Gas

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
It’s a tuning issue. The yokes on that bow will control your cam lean. My guess is if you were to shoot a bare shaft you would see a pretty hard nock right condition. The solution to that would be to add twists to the right yoke and remove twists from the left yoke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a tuning issue. The yokes on that bow will control your cam lean. My guess is if you were to shoot a bare shaft you would see a pretty hard nock right condition. The solution to that would be to add twists to the right yoke and remove twists from the left yoke.
Thank you

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I don’t know whether you have a bow press or whether you’ll be having a shop help you with it, but either way, I would let your arrow flight dictate how much the yokes get twisted. A very good starting point is to lay an arrow flush against the left side of the top cam and then set the cam’s pre-lean at brace so that arrow crosses the string at or just a touch below the D-loop. For most right handed bows that will give you very close to zero lean at full draw which should equate to clean arrow flight. With that as your starting point, then use the yokes to fine tune. It’s important to remove equal twists from the opposite side yoke as you add twists to the other side, otherwise you’ll be shortening the overall length of the buss cable and affecting things like draw length, draw weight, and cam timing…assuming that those things are set correctly to begin with. Another thing to be aware of, as it sounds like you’ve had a significant increase in draw weight, your arrows could be under spined with the higher draw weight unless they were over spined before at the lower draw weight…and the spine of the arrow will very much affect your tune. Good luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
My PSE Stinger Extreme developed a cam lean, and my local bow shop fixed it while I waited by twisting the yokes. No charge.... (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts