Archery Talk Forum banner

PSE Stinger NI

2662 6
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this bow, and what do they think of it. Also, Is it worth getting the package for the extra 100$, or should I set it up myself, and if so, what would you recommend.

I have practically no archery experience, so is this a good first bow?

Thanks,
Chris
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this bow, and what do they think of it. Also, Is it worth getting the package for the extra 100$, or should I set it up myself, and if so, what would you recommend.

Thanks,
Chris
Great bow - given that you have little to no experience I would say YES to the package. By the time you buy a rest, sight, release, stab, sling, and arrows you will have eaten up that $100 real quick. Granted, these accessories won't be "top of the line", but they will be sufficient until you have some experience under your belt.

· Registered
2,005 Posts
Yes, get the package it will be easier to get it instead of trying to set up the bow yourself. One thing I suggest though is to get a stabilizer as the package doesn't come with one. The stabilizer with distribute weight, take some shock out of the bow and make it steadier when aiming. The sims stabilizers are decent to learn with. To put a stabilizer on you just screw it into the hole on the front of the rizor.

· Registered
835 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,
Chris
I bought one for my kid and decided to keep it for myself. Its a sweet bow for the price. Fairly good speed and super quiet and pretty darn smooth. Couldnt go wrong. Get the whisker biscuit on it. The rest of the package is pretty darn good.

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Thanks for the info.
I was wondering what the draw weight is adjustable from. I saw on the internet some bows said 60-70 others said 50-60.
Thanks,
Chris
You would order the bow based on the "max" draw weight you'd what. A 60-70 lb bow would have a max of 70 and a min of 60 - a 50-60 lb bow would have a max of 60 and a min of 50 - different limbs.

· Registered
2,225 Posts
I have found that you can tweak a 15 lb range out of them, My Aunts 50 lber we dropped to 35 lbs with 5 turns out. I cannot remember if I shortened up the draw string post or not wither which would drop it another 2-3 lbs giving it a 12-15 lb adjustable weight range.

awesome bow, If it were my money buying a bow right now, it would be extremely hard for me to justify buying anything else.

same cam as the $900 money maker so you know that they dont skimp on the components of the bow.

later
jkeiffer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.