Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help! I have a friend who's selling a 2012 mathews switchback loaded for 350$. For about the same money I can get a new loaded pse stinger. Which one would be the better choice? I'm currently shooting a 2002 hoyt protec XT3000 and I'm due badly for an upgrade. This will be my first newer bow. What would you buy? I'm also open to other options new or used in that price ballpark

·
Registered
205 Posts
My vote is the Switchback. I bought that bow new, the year that it debut as Mathews flag ship bow. Wish I never sold it. Even though the Stinger is a newer year model.. the Switchback in my opinion is a better overall performance bow. It’s got the harmonic dampers in the top and bottom riser and the string suppressors top and bottom also. All you would need is some well made custom strings for it from a reputable string maker and you got your self one heck of a bow!

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
The switchback was a flagship bow for Mathews and I have only shot one, but it was a sweet shooter. Granted, I haven't shot the Stinger but I can't imagine it being on the same level.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Keep in mind that the Switchback was made in 2005. There is no 2012 Switchback model. But still being 13 years old.. id still take the Switchback over the Stinger anytime!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude said it was a 2012. Someone lied to me lol. He also has a 2016 hoyt carbon spider he'd sale for 600 bare bow and I'd love to have it but that's out of my price range.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
Hands down it'd be the switchback! Had one since '05 and been on the honeymoon since. I've had other flagship bows as current as '14 but my switchback is still my go to bow. Built like a tank, accurate and about as smooooth as your gonna get. And a little bonus....you can still get any part for that bow from Mathews. Plus they just look cool and everybody knows if your bow looks cool it shoots better :)

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Dude said it was a 2012. Someone lied to me lol. He also has a 2016 hoyt carbon spider he'd sale for 600 bare bow and I'd love to have it but that's out of my price range.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes he did, switchback came out late 05? Then went to 06, 07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Funny
who would buy a 2003 truck ?? or would you like to buy a 2018 truck
the new 2018 stinger more to offer with the bows..

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
Yep and the year they stopped making the switchback they came out with the S2 for 2 more years. Why??
Because the switchback rocks thats why!!
Yes he did, switchback came out late 05? Then went to 06, 07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
Funny
who would buy a 2003 truck ?? or would you like to buy a 2018 truck
the new 2018 stinger more to offer with the bows..
True The stinger is newer and...and...well it's newer. Just because something is newer does not make it better. There is a reason a 13 yr old bow still brings what a 2018 stinger does.
For what its worth If I was shopping for a truck and had the choice of this new 2018 or this '03 the choice would be simple for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts