Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunt with a 2009 PSE Stinger. The string twists horribly. It seems to shoot fine but it is a pain to have to draw back. I had a peep sight that came with the RTS package. It had the rubber tube which got twisted so I had to re-attach it every year as the string turns. I just had a new meta peep installed but the string still twists. My questions are: will replacing the string help with this? should I replace the string anyway as I've heard the Stingers have cheap strings? how much could I expect to pay to have this done? I'd want some good strings. Maybe like to ones on the higher end PSE bows.

·
Banned
11,757 Posts
Yes the stock PSE strings and cables suck, replace them. I have a brute and that thing is a string twister. I still went back to the tube just to make sure the peep was straight. Have to remember that tubing wears out, it costs a whole $1 to replace so do it every 500 shots. Find a local bow shop do not get your bow serviced in a big box store.

·
Life's a Garden, Dig it!
3,204 Posts
I'd replace the strings with an awesome set from the from the string makers on here. Proline 60x strict 9 JBK. All are great string makers. Pm me if you have some questions about about getting the new strings on and things like that. I'll be more than happy to help anyway I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts