Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just back to target shooting after a twenty year hiatus. My 35 year old PSE Laser Flite, with the laminated wood limbs, is probably not safe to shoot anymore (anyone have an extra set of limbs?). My about 12 year old PSE Mach 9 is my current target bow. I am studying the new(er) PSE target bows. What is the practical difference between the PSE Phenom series, the Supra series, and the Dominator series bows? There is a price difference between each, so there must be some realistic practical difference, right?? What does one gain by shooting a pricier PSE target bow??? Thank you for your help making me smarter on this question.

·
Registered
8,396 Posts
The Phenom is a nice bow. It will do everything you need for a target bow. The price is great.

The Supra uses the same limbs and cams, but it has a more refined riser, better limb pockets, the flex slide cable guard, and Americas Best strings. All these features make an excellent, accurate bow that you can compare to anything out there. Price is still lower than most.

The Dominator uses the same features i mentioned on the Supra, but has the shoot-thru riser. This offers a stiffer, more stable feel. For 2015 there are several different cam options. This is the most expensive of the 3 due to the riser.

The Freak is also a great target bow if you have a 29" or longer draw length.

I guess it all depends on your budget as to which one you get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts