Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shot this xbow and with included arrows it did 403fps

anyone with actual experience with this xbow?

it uses 65gr points which I thought would be tough to find for broad heads

Cold Weather

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
One more thing that makes me wonder

Whisker biscuit, string loops, special nocks, no deck.and 65 grain points:eek: but if it lights your wick:D

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I don't want to shoot a crossbow

that needs tuning because it uses a Whisker Biscuit to support the arrow instead of a solid rail. I'd be willing to bet money it won't shoot more accurately at 40 yards (for example) than a 200 lb Excal, both being shot out of a shooting machine (taking out the human error). Whisker Biscuits wear out(I would imagin fairly quickly on a crossbow), deck rails don't. Maybe it's just me:p

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Personaly I would have gone with another rest other than the WB, but the "ability" to tune the bow rather than just dealing with whatever the bow wants to do and playing with arrows to get the right combo is a neat concept. It has some very cool features (availability of high end, low poundage and adjustable triggers, the ability to de-cock the bow, no press needed to work on it, etc) it also has some negitives (LONG!! (at least the 15 series), cant be cocked by hand, limited arrow choice, WB, etc..) like every other bow out there...give an take. It is just another option for those that are looking for a bow. The limitations on the rest and arrows noted, I dont see any reason a railless bow is an issue. As I have said, it is not for everyone....

Wyvern

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Wyvern

Since the day we were standing in the PSE booth looking at that crossbow, I've not been able to make myself like it:p What's frustrating for me is that it could have been highly successful in the market by sticking with basic proven fool proof designs. The limbs, riser and cams are very nice. If it had a solid rail deck, its own trigger system and was quite a bit shorter with a speed of around 330 to 350 fps, I'd have one hanging in my shop.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
the TAC 10i is shorter...shoots 350fps, has its own trigger (that can be upgraded to WAY beyond what any other crossbow out there has besides the twin bow) so other than the rail/WB/arrow issue they did listen ( I seem to remember we both complained about the 15 for the same reasons :) ) Having finally gotten a chance to really play with one I am finding that the design is growing on me (the 15 is still too long IMO) and like I have noted there are some very neat features. Again, it is not for everyone, but my big complaints were the size and the trigger...for me those have been addressed in the TAC10i and I see it as a great option for some people. I am not trying to convince you, just giving a diferant perspecitve as I personaly see no issue with a railless crossbow. Nothing like choices :)
Wyvern

·
Registered
786 Posts
Moon can be convinced or have his mind changed...it's just done very quietly.
I recall...not too long ago, he complained about the Horton Recon being too heavy. Now...he loves the Vision, because of the "location" of the weight.....

Mike

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
It grew on me

It's still too heavy by quite a bit so it never goes with me on long walks to hunting stands and even it is lighter in weight than the Recon.

I can't see a deckless rail growing on me but if it does I'll be man enough to admit it. Don't hold your breath:p

4 years ago nobody would have convinced me that I would not be using reflex sights on my crossbows but Hawke came along so you can't say I'm old and set in my ways......................just old:p

·
Banned
3,180 Posts

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
I keep looking at that all set up for night hunting and think there must be quite a few coyote out there that want to be able to whistle thru their rib cage waiting to walk infront of this bow :)
Wyvern

·
Registered
865 Posts
definately not my cup of tea...im not knocking it just stating my opinion that its rediculous looking

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
"Wow....I really, really want this."

that can be arranged :wink:

Wyvern

1 - 16 of 16 Posts