Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So After shooting my bow tonight, it was shooting awesome I might add! I was sitting on my deck drinking a cold beer and waxing my cables and string. I noticed that there is a small nick, wear spot whatever on my cable. It is definately through the serving! So any ideas? Here are a couple pics, they best I could get.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How many shots do you have on your string? The reason I ask, my PSE did the same thing after about 2000 shots. I had my local dealer check it out and we put a patch serivng on it. Shot it for a while like that and then changed the string.

·
Registered
430 Posts
it looks like the spot where your cable hits the string stop. just get it reserved. good lookin bow. how fast you slingen them razor blades?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
If your shop is good they can just move the serving together. My shop owner has 50 years in the buisness,and he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Just walk the serving and move the gap down. Then take a small peice of serving and fill in the gap to tighten it back up. If the serving is cut, you can go above the bad area and cut the serving then retie an endless knot. Then you can remove the rest of the serving and then replace it. It would be best just to fix it if possible than replace the cable. A new cable may do the same thing. Depending on how the cable was built, you might me able to replace the entire serving.
When building a new string, the serving has to compress the strands together. If the string isn't built where the strands are compressed to some degree before serving, the serving can't fully compress the strands and the serving will loosen up after a while once the string has settled. After a string has been served, the strands have been compressed. If you remove the serving, the strands will stay compressed unless you seperate the strands. When you reserve it, you are serving over compressed strands. It will allow for a tighter the second time.
When I build a string, I load it to 300 pounds. I twist the string from center out under 300 pounds and then burnish it under the same load. Burnishing is where you take a peice of material and fold it around the strands and run it back and forth along the entire length of the string. this creates heat and melts the wax. This allows the strands to pack closer together and equalizes the tension of each strand so they are all holding the same weight.
If that is a factory string and cables, you won't get the quality of a properly built custom set. It would take too much time for the bow manufactor to build them. They just crank them out as fast as they can. Some manufactors use high quality after market strings. It would be nice if all manufactors would do this. Bowtech makes the best factory strings but there are still better strings on the market. It sucks buying an exspensive bow then have to turn around and spend $100+ to get a good set and pay for installation.
To bad you live so far away or I would fix it for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
How long is your DL we have noticed with a Dl of 27.5 and shorter that the serving wears quickly where it rubs on the mod when its at a shorter DL setting we have not had problems with the longer DLs on serving wear

·
300 or bust
13,141 Posts
i know i love my VXL, one of the best for 2010

·
Registered
470 Posts
How long is your DL we have noticed with a Dl of 27.5 and shorter that the serving wears quickly where it rubs on the mod when its at a shorter DL setting we have not had problems with the longer DLs on serving wear
I don't have a Vendetta however,
my 2010 Axe is doing the same. 27.5" DL
right on the cable where it takes a sharp
bend arouond the module.
I will have to get it re-served also. I keep
walking the serving back down to close the gap.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Yes they are not Winners Choice , usually its just a case of where the roll over is you get serving seperation from time to time. No worries from what I could see with burrs etc... You have the choice to get it reserved or replace, its your call.

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
My Wife's XS the same. Even with Winner's Choice set on.

Pse did send us a new module that is supposed to take care of this. They indicated as well it has been an issue with shorter draws. My wife is at the shortest setting (24.5").

Will be testing the new module very soon.

~

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay hear this!!! I found the problem! After reading through my little manual.. I started to look at the draw length module marks compared to the draw stop position. My draw stop was at the mark between A, and B (29.5") But my draw length module Middle line on the little shiny piece was inbetween the E, and F! Which is supposed to be way to short! So after some playing around I found that in all honesty the draw length module really doesn't do a ton for the draw length. However, it is supposed to be in the same location as the draw stop. with the draw module inbetween E and F My cable was actually "passing all the way over" the channel of the module and hitting the actual shaft for the cam.... Now it is good! Now everything is lined up and the wear on my cable instantly went away!

But.. My bow is SO much harder to draw now! And it is slower! I had to re-adjust my pins and back the poundage down a little bit. Try it for yourself! It truly feels like a different bow!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.