Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my Vendetta xl out today to shoot my 75-100 arrows.. i have been shooting every day or so for the past month getting ready for a tourny on the 28th..

I shot my first 8 arrows.. all grouped 6 inches high.. odd i shot another 8.. same thing.. i checked my sights and rest to see if anything was loose.. all seemed well.. so i shot another 8.. same thing.. so i made some phone calls.. i ended with the bow shop.. i just had it tuned a few weeks ago but i had been shooting the heck out it .. they said bring it up.. after i hung up i noticed my peep was moved up.. i moved it down and shot an arrow.. it moved up again.. i moved it down again and shot...

BOOM the string smacked my hand and somthing hit my face.. when i looked i saw the string came off the cam half way and at the bow shop found out the cam stop was almost broke off...

did i do something wrong???

the guys at the bow shop called me and accused me of dry firing it.. i told them what had happened and he said he didnt want to hear it and that i dry fired it.. heres where the problem comes in.. the guys at the shop was a PSE REP and a PSE PRO staffer...

It happened how i said it did..

u don't call the customer a liar.

the PSE Vendetta xl is by far the best bow i have ever shot but the response i got today really pissed me off..

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
That " rep" is a dink then.

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
I pulled my Vendetta xl out today to shoot my 75-100 arrows.. i have been shooting every day or so for the past month getting ready for a tourny on the 28th..

I shot my first 8 arrows.. all grouped 6 inches high.. odd i shot another 8.. same thing.. i checked my sights and rest to see if anything was loose.. all seemed well.. so i shot another 8.. same thing.. so i made some phone calls.. i ended with the bow shop.. i just had it tuned a few weeks ago but i had been shooting the heck out it .. they said bring it up.. after i hung up i noticed my peep was moved up.. i moved it down and shot an arrow.. it moved up again.. i moved it down again and shot...

BOOM the string smacked my hand and somthing hit my face.. when i looked i saw the string came off the cam half way and at the bow shop found out the cam stop was almost broke off...

did i do something wrong???

the guys at the bow shop called me and accused me of dry firing it.. i told them what had happened and he said he didnt want to hear it and that i dry fired it.. heres where the problem comes in.. the guys at the shop was a PSE REP and a PSE PRO staffer...

It happened how i said it did..

u don't call the customer a liar.

the PSE Vendetta xl is by far the best bow i have ever shot but the response i got today really pissed me off..
This is most likely where the problem lies. The pro shop did something very wrong when tuning your bow.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
This is most likely where the problem lies. The pro shop did something very wrong when tuning your bow.
Ill second this statement....Id go back up there and take it apart shoving each piece into their arses....Then go to another shop and do my business...

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
It doesnt matter if you threw it at a street sign while you were driving down the road.------They should have helped you get your bow back. After all, you helped pay BOTH of their salaries. If you like the bow and want to keep it, then go somewhere that wants/needs your business. FWIW, I have met several " reps " who think that they're better than anyone else just because of their position.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Remind him that REPEAT customers are the best ones and you would like to do that. However, you need to want to do that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is how I feel.. for the record they are fixing it but like i said they are calling me a liar to me and other people... i spent around $900 in that shop this year and i was just wondering if i did something wrong...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The only mistake you made was that once you identified that you had a problem with the bow and it needed to be looked at you should have stopped shooting it.

As for how you were treated, I wasn't there so I cannot comment on that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll agree with that but it just seemed like my peep was out of wack.. not like the bow was about to blow up.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
You said you moved the peep. Was it not served in and did you press bow to move the peep. Was the string cut in to?

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
A tip or 2

I don't know what happened to your bow, but as others said, when the POI changed, dramatically, there was something wrong. This is one of the reasons that many suggest carefully measuring all specs on the bow, and if something like that happens, you can see what changed. When a big change like that happens, you have got to look over everything carefully.

When a "customer service" rep is treating you like you claimed, it is often helpful to find out who that person's superior is, and go from there. Take it all the way to Pete and Jon Shepley if you must, but I doubt it would take that to get someone in the company to take care of you. PSE has a good CS record for the most part, you are just dealing with what Lee said.:wink: I would also add "arrogant jackass."

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
something sounds weird....i have never heard of a PSE rep also being a Pro shooter...most reps that i have met or known barely have time to shoot a bow since they are so busy traveling to sale the bows.....is he actually a paid PSE rep? i'm going to guess probably not....should he have handled things differently? going to say probably yes....PSE is one of the better companies to deal with and should take care of you. sorry for the experience of whomever it was.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
geek4hire

As a rep for PSE I am dumbfounded that another rep would call you a liar like that. I apologize if it is actually a rep. Beware I know in my territory I had a guy telling people he was a rep for PSE and he was a problem. If that were my Pro Staffer I would have filed him on the spot. First off I am glad you didn't get hurt and I am glad they are fixing the bow for you. Once again I apologize for the accusations that were thrown at you and I hope this doesn't deter you from enjoying the great sport of archery. If you ever need anything please PM me. JB

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
As a rep for PSE I am dumbfounded that another rep would call you a liar like that. I apologize if it is actually a rep. Beware I know in my territory I had a guy telling people he was a rep for PSE and he was a problem. If that were my Pro Staffer I would have filed him on the spot. First off I am glad you didn't get hurt and I am glad they are fixing the bow for you. Once again I apologize for the accusations that were thrown at you and I hope this doesn't deter you from enjoying the great sport of archery. If you ever need anything please PM me. JB

Glad to see you post here. We need more people out there who honestly care about their job.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
like i said every thing was done by phone and the word liar wasn't used it was just basically the fact that i swore to them that i did not dry fire my bow and they kept insisting that I did. This so called rep is going to be a a expo this weekend. I planned on bringing this up to him in person.

The best part is that the string was clearly cut almost in half.. after fixing the cam stop they called me and told me the bow was ready to shoot.. i asked them if he replaced the string and he said no.. so i asked him if it was safe to shoot 200 arrows through it between now and Sunday and he said it might come unraveled... the shop does pre stretched strings X so i told him to put those on...

should i have to pay for these or will pse reimburse me/the bow shop??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
something sounds weird....i have never heard of a PSE rep also being a Pro shooter...most reps that i have met or known barely have time to shoot a bow since they are so busy traveling to sale the bows.....is he actually a paid PSE rep? i'm going to guess probably not....should he have handled things differently? going to say probably yes....PSE is one of the better companies to deal with and should take care of you. sorry for the experience of whomever it was.
they were 2 people

1 - 20 of 71 Posts