Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old PSE Carroll Intruder I bought new. I also purchased the Warranty+ coverage. I seem to remember it said the original owner could return the bow to be cleaned and set like new for just the cost of parts needed. It needs a new string.

Does anyone remember what the warranty said? Do you think they will still warranty the bow? I am pretty sure it said good for the life of the original owner.

I hunted with this bow until this year and took many deer, elk, couger and small game. I would like to get it repaired so it could be used again. I have a new bow this year but still would like to get it fixed up.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have that same bow. You can call PSE; they’re pretty helpful. Be patient because all their records are paper records for that bow. I don’t know if they carry many parts because I was looking for a sight mounting spacer that fills the depression in the riser.

If all you need is a string, I bought replacement string from Bow String Depot. PSE gave me the string spec, but it depends on the cams you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I don't have an answer for you but I do know PSE is great to deal with over the phone. Give them a call.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I'm not sure about the warranty but I don't think it would cover strings...but getting a string shouldn't be a problem lots of makers here on AT that can set you up if you know the string length.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called PSE. She said the warranty covered any fault to the bow. Not the string. Then I contacted a string maker. Waiting for a reply.

My new bow is so much better, hard to believe but I still want to get the old one working. Only 60% letoff but I killed lots of game with it. Lots of deer including a 30" 5 by 6 mule deer, elk, mountain lion and lots of small game.

New bow is so much better, I got a range finder. Didn't need one with the old bow, just had to get close shots.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I called PSE. She said the warranty covered any fault to the bow. Not the string. Then I contacted a string maker. Waiting for a reply.

My new bow is so much better, hard to believe but I still want to get the old one working. Only 60% letoff but I killed lots of game with it. Lots of deer including a 30" 5 by 6 mule deer, elk, mountain lion and lots of small game.

New bow is so much better, I got a range finder. Didn't need one with the old bow, just had to get close shots.
I hang on to my old bows as well...some of my favorites ones are the older ones. Do you know the string length? If not we can probably locate it...I think the intruder had a few different models (hunter, 3d, etc.) with different cams.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I broke a limb on a PSE that was 25 years old once and since I was the original owner they covered it. Since the limbs were no longer made for that bow, they gave me a new bow. PSE warranty is the best, but strings and cables are never covered.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Is there a serial number on the limb sticker? If so you can get the string length from PSE. That would prob be the quickest way to find out.
With no serial # we will have to determine which model you have. we can narrow that down based on the ATA length and which cam it has on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts