Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying another 'older' HF cam X Force 6 HF. Was going to buy a new Axe 6 but EVEN after owning [and selling] TWO '07/'08 X Force HF cammed 6 bows I miss shooting one. Although I've had two Super Short X Forces [shooting one at present] and sold the other SS and X Force 6s.....I want to go back to the 32/33" ata bows for all around hunting/shooting use.
I've shot the new 2010 PSEs and am amazed at the Vendetta XS and Axe 6/7 bows, I'm thinking a good $400 range used X Force 6 HF cammed bow is hard to beat.
The 2010 bows are super. However I don't need micro cam DL adjustability that much [for me....a plus however when selling] and the HF cams seemed fine to me.
Just 'thinking out loud' so....
??????....tell me what you think guys! [and gals].

·
Registered
895 Posts
I agree totally its hard to justify spending so much more for not a great deal more performance but in one way all these new models lowers the resale value on the 08s . I have 2 08s x force hf6 and an 08 ss x force and really like them so find a good deal theres a few .

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
for whatever its worth, I sold an 08 XF 6 to a guy cheap, loved the bow and everything about it. For me the adjustibility of the AXE was worth the extra expense. Both bows were smooth and good shooters. So its is a tug a war for alot of people. I will say I am very happy with the choice I made

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't laugh or shake your head but.....

I've bought, shot, hunted with a used X Force HF 6. Then I sold it. Then I did the same thing again....selling it after a while as well.
Since, I've owned a new and used Super Short X Force, using the last one at present along with a nice shooting but slower Firestorm X.

Here's the deal. I just verbally commited to purchasing another {3rd} '08 X Force HF 6.....and will keep it until 2011 and then only IF something new and radical [?] comes out in PSE.
Ok..so I can't make up my mind [assuming I have one] but I know the standard X Force 6 is such a great bow that I've come back to it for a third time.
Guess the SS will become the backup bow...for a while. A friend is considering taking the Firestorm X off my hands.

ONE NICE THING about buying used....you loose little if ANY money when you buy right. Makes for owning lots of different bows easy and affordable to do.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Xf6 vs axe6

i have not shot the axe yet but was told it draws easier than my xf6 with the hf cams,i wanted to to purchase an omen but i really don't want another bow that draws harder than my xf6,been in to many car wrecks looking for something a little smooter drawing

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Still shooting my '07 XF-7 HF Cam with great success.I think I will continue to shoot this bow for '10 3-D's, but I liked the new Vendetta XL enough to order one.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2010 Omen and Vendetta...and Axe

I shot the Omen. It is one FAST bow. I also shot the Vendetta XS....wow what a super bow for 'less money'. I could easily sell all my bows [X Forces] and be totally happy coyote and deer hunting with the Vendetta XS and feel not the least bit slighted!!! It is light, smooth drawing, fast and little if any vibration. I'm still wanting one and who knows - if one were to show up for a deal I'd buy it without hesitation. However after deciding I had to have a Vendetta XS, I picked up an Axe 6 and shot it.....ooops...one NICE absolutely SMOOTH drawing bow with a little bit of extra speed [you know you're going to have to shoot one yourself because I'll just ramble on about it....and you know you'll have to see for yourself].

I just purchased another used '08 X Force 6 HF....used for good price here on AT. I'm still wanting an Axe and Vendetta. I claim no wisdom in my random practise/habit of PSE bow buying other than I LOVE to SHOOT and HUNT with them as I have for the last 25 years. That's not to say I haven't shot and been overwhelmed with other great bows [an '05 Switchback was fantastic before I sold it to a good friend and deer hunter] but PSE makes what I enjoy--great hunting bows.
Somehow I'm going to get an Axe and a Vendetta XS....in fact as I type this I'm thinking I'll try to sell my 08 Super Short X Force to help fund a new 2010 Vendetta XS....:wink:

You may not know,,,I shoot in the back yard...and deer hunt about 5 minutes away at a farm. I am in an archery only county!! What better setup could one ask for to shoot and try new bows!?

~I Like Neat Stuff~

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
I traded in my Xf6 for an Axe 6 three weeks ago and do not regret doing it at all. I took my XF6 in to shoot them side by side and the Axe 6 got the nod all the way.
I had bought my Xf6 brand new in 07 so I figured I blew 50 cents a day using it for the past two and a half years and it was ok to get a new bow ONLY if it was better than what I had. Well the Axe 6 fit the bill perfectly. I like the draw cycle better, the 75% letoff, the microadjust for DL was a bonus as well and with ABB strings on it already how could I go wrong?? And it is only 4 FPS slower than my XF6 :pepsi:
I tried out an Omen. I thoguht I would have been more impressed with it from all the reviews on here. This is why you must shoot the bows in person and take what everyone says with a grain of salt.

btw I got $400 bucks credit towards the Axe 6 so that sealed the deal.

·
HHA products SUCK
14,150 Posts
From my recent shoot with an HF...

IMO the AXE is far more fun to shoot and similar speed.
SMoother, more vibe free and less recoil/shock.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good deal...

I traded in my Xf6 for an Axe 6 three weeks ago and do not regret doing it at all. I took my XF6 in to shoot them side by side and the Axe 6 got the nod all the way.
I had bought my Xf6 brand new in 07 so I figured I blew 50 cents a day using it for the past two and a half years and it was ok to get a new bow ONLY if it was better than what I had. Well the Axe 6 fit the bill perfectly. I like the draw cycle better, the 75% letoff, the microadjust for DL was a bonus as well and with ABB strings on it already how could I go wrong?? And it is only 4 FPS slower than my XF6 :pepsi:
I tried out an Omen. I thoguht I would have been more impressed with it from all the reviews on here. This is why you must shoot the bows in person and take what everyone says with a grain of salt.

btw I got $400 bucks credit towards the Axe 6 so that sealed the deal.
You done good! I think I'll have to have an Axe 6 too.....and a Vendetta XS....so I'll be selling while I'm buying. I like to experience new bows for at least a few months and then either sell them or keep them. I don't need to keep too many hanging from the garage ceiling hooks though! My wife has started to count them...!
I think PSE made a smart move by putting ABS on the new bows. I believe I've seen some posts by folks that made the decision to NOT buy a PSE high end bow because of the strings that came on them from the factory. Looks like that has been remedied now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts