Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of possibly getting an X-Force for 2009. I haven't shot any yet but I was just looking for some input from people who have one. Pretty much i just want to know if you like it or not, what kind of speed your getting at what dimensions/ arrow weight, and is it smooth/forgiving. Like I said i haven't shot one yet so that will be the real determining factor, but I just wanted some opinions. thanks

· Registered
8,786 Posts
the pull and valley isnt as bad as you make it sound dlwesq.

and the 09s are only better :) the xforce is the way to go, the cam is 91% efficient, the most efficient cam ever produced!!!! god i love this time of year!

· Registered
3,088 Posts
You would get MUCH better response if you moved this post to the Gen. Arch. section. Your in the Do It Yourself subforum.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
I just had to add my 2c worth...

Best bow around. Fast, quiet and forgiving. Just be prepared for a tough pull and no valley to speak of unless they have modified the cams for 09. I love mine.
This is one awesome bow there is nothing else to say, except test drive one set up for your dimensions. You will be impressed....

spatan:cocktail:

· Registered
1 Posts
I may be new but...

This year I decided to get a bow with it's primary purpose for hunting and of course something to shoot and have fun with. With that in mind, the Dream Season X-Force was at the top of my list. The only other Bows I shot before I owned was a Matthews Outback, a low end Martin (not sure of the model name, old as well) and some others not even worth mentioning but they were compound bows. I was fairly new and inexperienced but new that if I shot something that just felt absolutely right (the "it" factor) I would get it, no matter the cost.

I shot one of Diamond Archery's bows it was a rendition of the Marquis but the store I went to ordered several of them specialized they called it a Nitrous. For under $500 it felt practically the same as an X-Force, not nearly as fast though. I started to really like the X-Force even more, simply in awe of it's raw speed and its minute hand shock. Then my Dad convinced me to shoot the new Matthews, I knew he was biased because he owned the Outback that I shot several times. In comparison of the DXT and the X-Force, I just ended up liking the Qualities of the DXT a little more.

My reasons were as follows;

- The grip, for some reason that grip Matthews has feels great(to me), I thought the X-Force's was a bit too thin but I think it could be something I would enjoy if I wanted a change in regards of feel when shooting a bow later on.

- The length, clearly a good bit shorter. A plus for hunting ANYWHERE. Be it ground blinds, tree stands, whatever.

- Speed. The X-Force wins here, if speed is your primary focus you found your match. This bow will win, no doubt. But I think +300 fps is a respectable speed for harvesting game in general.

- Weight. As big as the X force was it was lighter than I thought it would be at first glance. On the other hand as short and thin as the DXT was the weight was unmatched. Light as a feather, but after you put your accessories on it, it could dramatically affect the weight. Something to keep in mind. But it's weight, again, was a feel I personally felt comfortable with.

Well in conclusion (of my novel of a post) get down to a store and shoot. You're opinion can be drastically changed after a couple shots and a good personal comparison of what qualities are most important to you. I was pretty hell bent on getting an X-Force, but ended up with something else. I'm not contributing to a brand war or saying "mine is better than yours" or here to start trouble. I'm simply saying you owe it to yourself to physically try something and let the product work for you and win you over, not the other way around.

Hope this helps, and happy shopping!

· Registered
5,401 Posts
This year I decided to get a bow with it's primary purpose for hunting and of course something to shoot and have fun with. With that in mind, the Dream Season X-Force was at the top of my list. The only other Bows I shot before I owned was a Matthews Outback, a low end Martin (not sure of the model name, old as well) and some others not even worth mentioning but they were compound bows. I was fairly new and inexperienced but new that if I shot something that just felt absolutely right (the "it" factor) I would get it, no matter the cost.

I shot one of Diamond Archery's bows it was a rendition of the Marquis but the store I went to ordered several of them specialized they called it a Nitrous. For under $500 it felt practically the same as an X-Force, not nearly as fast though. I started to really like the X-Force even more, simply in awe of it's raw speed and its minute hand shock. Then my Dad convinced me to shoot the new Matthews, I knew he was biased because he owned the Outback that I shot several times. In comparison of the DXT and the X-Force, I just ended up liking the Qualities of the DXT a little more.

- The grip, for some reason that grip Matthews has feels great(to me), I thought the X-Force's was a bit too thin but I think it could be something I would enjoy if I wanted a change in regards of feel when shooting a bow later on.

- The length, clearly a good bit shorter. A plus for hunting ANYWHERE. Be it ground blinds, tree stands, whatever.

- Speed. The X-Force wins here, if speed is your primary focus you found your match. This bow will win, no doubt. But I think +300 fps is a respectable speed for harvesting game in general.

- Weight. As big as the X force was it was lighter than I thought it would be at first glance. On the other hand as short and thin as the DXT was the weight was unmatched. Light as a feather, but after you put your accessories on it, it could dramatically affect the weight. Something to keep in mind. But it's weight, again, was a feel I personally felt comfortable with.

Well in conclusion (of my novel of a post) get down to a store and shoot. You're opinion can be drastically changed after a couple shots and a good personal comparison of what qualities are most important to you. I was pretty hell bent on getting an X-Force, but ended up with something else. I'm not contributing to a brand war or saying "mine is better than yours" or here to start trouble. I'm simply saying you owe it to yourself to physically try something and let the product work for you and win you over, not the other way around.

too bad you didn't try the X force SS....most of the speed and same as or shorter and lighter than the DXT.....

you are one of the few people i have ever heard that likes a mathews grip....

· Registered
3,555 Posts
X Force is fast, quiet, shootable. I bought two.
PSE X Force 56# 29'' 380 gr. @ 294 F.P.S.
PSE X Force 58# 29'' 390 gr. @ 293 F.P.S.

Attachments

· Registered
593 Posts
nice rigs mate....i personaly cant wait to try out the single cam 09. X-FORCE...looks damn good:darkbeer:

· Registered
2,746 Posts
had one.
i did get rid of it due to the fact that i just dont care for the little ata bows.
but!!!!!!!!!!!
it was very accurate, shot mine in out to 60 yards.
super quiet and no handshock
i had a xforce 7 with b2 strings and cables(nathan brooks makes an awesome set of string)
shot different arrows, fatboys, victorys,x weaves, and lightspeeds.

shot them all around 5 grains per pound and was getting right around 320 fps at a 29.5 inch draw and draw weight was 60 to 64 lbs.

if you like smaller bows you can beat this one!!

good luck

· Registered
10,119 Posts
Very Nice

This is a nice post, Honest and sincere.
You deserve credit for your un-biased opinion.
I commend you. Would like to see more post like this one instead of the bashing that goes on here.

I agree, go shoot some. The X-Force is not for everyone.
I LOVE Mine!!

· Registered
2,253 Posts
I had a Switchback, then an Apex 7 for hunting. I was offered my money for them so I sold them. I went through the same thing. Wondering what to get. I ordered the Dream Season and absolutely love it. I've shot alot of 3D with it and I'm now waiting for the weather to break. As soon as it cools off I'm hoping to get me a deer with it. All I can say is that I love mine. A friend of mine made custom string and cables for it and tuned it to almost absolute perfection. I do highly recommend this. I really liked it before, but after my buddy tuned it, man it was AWESOME. You can get his strings on Allxsarchery.com. Hope this helps.:wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.